What is development junk? Development junk, or “junk files,” are app installation support files which become useless after you install the application. This short guide will go over how to remove them from your Mac manually and how to remove them with CleanMyMac 3.
How to Manually Delete Junk Files on Mac
The problem with manually deleting junk files on Mac is that each and every application leaves development junk in different places. In order to delete all the junk files from your Mac, you’ll have to first contact each developer to find out what files their app uses to help with installation, and then find and remove them. This can take quite some time, but luckily we’ve got an app that takes care of that; it’s called CleanMyMac 3.
How to Delete Junk Files with CleanMyMac 3
Why waste all that time contacting, searching, and removing when you can clean them in just a few clicks with CleanMyMac 3. To clean up all that development junk with CleanMyMac 3, all you have to do is:
- Download CleanMyMac 3 (free) and launch it.
- Click Scan at the bottom of the app.
- And click Clean.
That’s it. Note that these steps run CleanMyMac 3’s Smart Cleanup module, which cleans your entire system. If you’d like to remove only the development junk, click on Review Details after completing Step 2. You can then deselect everything but the Development Junk section, and then click Clean. It doesn’t get much easier than that when it comes to cleaning up development junk.
Again, cleaning up junk files with CleanMyMac 3 is as easy as can be. And, it cleans up all kinds of other junk, too! With CleanMyMac 3, you can clean up language packs, universal binaries, and gigabytes of useless junk you didn’t even know you had. Download CleanMyMac 3 now and feel what it’s like to have a faster, cleaner Mac.
- How to clean out system log files?
- How to remove universal binaries on a Mac?
- How to delete unwanted language files from Mac OS X?
- How to clear log files on Mac OS X?
- How to delete preference files from a Mac?
- How to remove unknown login items in OS X?
- How to delete iOS software updates from a Mac?
- How to clear the iPhoto cache on a Mac?
- How to delete junk files on a Mac?
- How to clear cache on a Mac?