A problem for most Mac users is the question, "How can I remove widgets on Mac OS X?" Well, not to worry — deleting widgets on a Mac isn't such a problem. All you need is a little bit of time, or just the right tools. So in this article, we'll go over how to remove widgets on Mac OS X two ways: one way is with a Mac utility, and the other is removing Mac widgets manually.
How to Remove Widgets on Mac with a Mac Utility
Some Mac utilities make it incredibly simple to delete widgets on Mac OS X, and the one we'd recommend is CleanMyMac 3. All you have to do to remove widgets with CleanMyMac 3 is:
- Download and install the app (click here to download it).
- Launch it and click Extensions.
- Click on Widgets in the center menu and checkmark the widget you'd like to remove.
- And click "Remove."
With CleanMyMac 3, removing widgets couldn't get any easier. And if you don't want to remove it, but just want it disabled, instead of clicking remove, just click the green button to the right of the widget so that it reads "Disabled."
Plus, CleanMyMac 3 isn't just a tool for deleting widgets, it also helps you clean gigabytes of junk off your Mac. It's a nifty little utility for helping you lighten your Mac system, clean up iTunes and Mail applications, run Mac maintenance scripts, and remove tons of junk files lurking on the depths of your Mac. Download CleanMyMac 3 now — It's the perfect utility to help keep your Mac in shape.
How to Delete Widgets on Mac Manually
The process of deleting widgets on Mac manually is a few steps more than with CleanMyMac 3. To remove widgets on Mac manually:
- Hover on the Dock at the bottom of your screen, and click Applications.
- Select Dashboard.
- Click the "+" Icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Click-and-hold on the widget you'd like to remove.
- Click the circle with the "x" at the top-left of the widget icon.
- Confirm deletion by clicking "Delete."
Note: After deleting the widget (or widgets), click the background of the of the widget list screen to move back to the Dashboard; then, click the arrow icon in the lower-right corner of the Dashboard to to exit it.