MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
A bit more about the team:
ClearVPN is the first effortless VPN for a personalized and secure online experience, available on multiple platforms — macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows. It helps its users access any content, secures their online interactions, provides them with ready-made Shortcuts, and automatically chooses the best idle server.
We are looking for a Lead Engineering Manager to help us keep growing our ClearVPN team (Back-end and Network). This person will be responsible for the consistent delivery and provide technological leadership on the product. We need a leader with experience with the network infrastructure and people management to drive the team’s evolution in a quickly evolving product.
In this role, you will:
- Apply network engineering best practices in terms of quality, security, scalability and maintainability
- Design strategy to scale and cost-efficient VPN servers cluster (monitoring, failover)
- Manage teamwork by planning and prioritizing the backlog and monitoring progress to establish effective coordination and delivery efforts.
- Provide technical vision and decision for handling core value infrastructure that enables ClearVPN to approach goals
- Take part in building and developing the team of network and back-end engineers
- Grow and mentor this team through thoughtful observation and courageous, honest feedback
- Provide team guidance and conduct regular team management processes: hiring, training and salary review, and others aligned with company practices and policies
- Develop and manage the processes, controls, and technical solutions necessary for an effective network engineering function
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 2 years of experience with the development and implementation of network infrastructure
- 1 year of experience as an Engineering manager or a team lead
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensuring system availability and reliability
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Strong working knowledge of networking protocols and technologies, including BGP, IPsec, OpenVPN, network segmentation, VRFs, Switching, VLANs and load balancers.
As a Plus:
- Knowledge of programming services and low-level software with C/C++/GoLang
- AWS/GCS/Azure - the orchestration of cloud-based services, build-up of distributed/data center clusters
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.