MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
At MacPaw, we never stop at what has been accomplished and always look for new ways to improve the world. That is why we are going to launch a new product that will strengthen people’s trust in technology and befriend them with AI. It's a new R&D project so our Data Scientist will have a major impact on technology and scope of the project that could become the next big product for MacPaw.
Since the new product is at an early stage, you’ll have a lot of space for experiments, and trying out new ideas. This is an opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment and be free using a variety of techniques you need
If it sounds interesting to you, look no further — this is the right job for you.
In this role, you will:
- Improve understanding of user queries in the New Product
- Develop a model that will suggest relevant actions from New Product based on system state and user actions
- Design robust processes for model versioning, testing and deployment for New Product
- Apply the latest data science research to improve MacPaw’s business and processes
- Get involved in company-wide events (presentations, workshops) to increase employees’ AI/ML knowledge and awareness
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Professional experience with conversational AI (chatbots, virtual assistants, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of text processing and feature extraction, text embedding, text classification, and sequence-to-sequence models
- Software development experience in Python with experience working with NLP and ML packages and frameworks such as spaCy, NLTK, PyTorch, SciPy, etc.
- Experience designing a data science roadmap and the leading technical execution of the project
- Practical understanding of the mathematics behind modern machine learning, linear algebra, and statistics.
- Extensive SQL knowledge
As a Plus:
- Experience with iOS/macOS ML frameworks
- Experience with edge deployment of ML models
- Knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.