MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
You will join our Accounting Team and take on the accounting of the company's tangible assets.
This role offers various tasks from managing customer contracts to ensuring legal compliance in financial transactions. You will get an opportunity to deepen your expertise in accounting standards and financial processes, with support for ongoing growth.
Your work will directly influence the company's financial health and operational efficiency through record maintenance.
If you want to embark on a career that combines diverse responsibilities, professional development, and a collaborative environment, all while making a meaningful impact on MacPaw`s success, don`t hesitate to send us your CV!
In this role, you will:
- Support the contract signing process with customers. Maintain the signed contracts register's relevance and control the availability of primary documentation for service implementation operations.
- Administrate all operations related to accounting of material assets (commissioning, depreciation, revaluation, modernization, repair, sale, write-off, liquidation, etc.), form accounting, and tax documentation to ensure company protection from fines and compliance with the law.
- Conduct regular inventories of the company's property and prepare the necessary documentation based on the results (audit information).
- Form necessary reports and information on the accounting of tangible assets and related operations and display data in the company's accounting system aimed at timely and correctly closing the reporting by the financial department.
- Conduct quarter revisions with suppliers and contractors (on related matters) to ensure the presence of a complete and correct package of documents.
- Support the accounting of the company`s charity projects.
- Monitor the relevance of the legal framework, timely agree with the Team Lead on the necessary changes, and adapt internal processes to ensure business operations compliance with the law's requirements.
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an Accountant or Auditor's Assistant, with responsibilities related to financial accounting and auditing of financial records.
- Proficiency in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Accounting Standards (IAS), National Accounting Standards, and tax regulations. Practical experience applying these standards and a comprehensive understanding of their requirements and impact on the company's financial reporting.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Spreadsheets.
- Fast learner and tech-savvy.
- Attentive to details and able to handle various tasks simultaneously.
- Open-minded and oriented to team cooperation.
As a plus:
- Experience with Odoo.
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here, you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.