We are looking for a driven Back-End Engineer to join the Site Team at MacPaw.
This team builds out services and platforms that are needed across all product teams, such as internal dashboards and custom CMS, APIs for products, company websites, customer data storage, payment solutions, and so on. The problems you will be solving on a day-to-day basis are key to the functioning of the business, both in the economical sense as well as when it comes to processes and operations.
To be our dream candidate, you should be result-oriented, extremely reliable, and equally proactive in all technical tasks, both challenging and mundane. You should enjoy having fun, sharing knowledge, helping each other, learning and growing as a team.
And another very important requirement: you shouldn’t dislike a dash of dark humor from time to time ;)
You will be working together with product teams to launch A/B tests of product flows, as well as working with the team to refactor existing services for better stability, maintenance, and technical excellence. Your responsibilities will also be focused on building and maintaining:
- Our dashboard for internal team usage (custom blog platform, marketing campaign management, etc.)
- APIs for use throughout our products (upgrade APIs, in-app storefront APIs, etc.)
- New payment solutions into the MacPaw Store
- Back-end of the new MacPaw Site
- User dashboard for users of our products
- 2+years of experience in designing and developing web applications
- Experience with PHP5-7, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Acquaintance with PHP Frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter, Symfony)
- OOP, MVC, API, REST development experience
- Understanding of Linux environment
- Experience with GIT
As a Plus
- Experience with payment solution integration
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Docker