We are looking for an experienced and proactive backend developer to join our Platform Team.
At MacPaw, the Platform Team is a new team whose mission is to provide product and service teams with the web platforms necessary to interact with users and reach MacPaw business goals.
Current challenges include building a fail-safe activation system, billing system, and customer account for all MacPaw desktop applications. MacPaw’s desktop lineup includes CleanMyMac, Gemini, CleanMyPC, and others, with millions of users, worldwide.
You will be joining an existing team of eleven members – a product owner, three backend engineers, two frontend engineers, two QA engineers, one desktop SDK developer, and two designers.
We expect our future colleague to have a strong technical background. Someone with an architectural background, an experience of interaction with Tech Ops teams, who's not afraid of taking responsibility. Our ideal candidate likes refactoring and understands why it is necessary.
- Designing and building systems for desktop activation, billing, and other mission-critical systems
- Developing APIs for use inside of our desktop products, as well as our web-based customer account
- Optimizing systems to make them faster, more efficient, more secure
- Improve existing systems, communicating with operations engineers, technical support to resolve code issues
- Take an active part in the technical development of the product by proposing ideas and improvements. For example, building a system to defend our services from DDOS-attacks, system for internal events processing, etc.
- Strong knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns, understanding of SOLID principles and their usage
- At least 5 years of development experience with PHP
- Experience with one of RDBMS (PostgreSQL as a plus)
- Experience with Linux as an advanced user
- Experience with message queues (RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Be self-organized and detail-oriented
As a Plus
- Experience building and launching systems from scratch
- Experience with Symfony, Laravel 5, Doctrine ORM
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS), containers (Docker)
- Experience with payment solution integration