MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for a talented Middle Product Designer to join our flagship product CleanMyMac. This is an all-in-one package to awesomize your Mac.
CleanMyMac has been recognized through numerous awards and reviews as one of the best Mac cleaning apps on the market. Combining multiple versions, markets, a variety of data sources, hypotheses, and a 14-year history, CleanMyMac requires great initiative and diligence. At the same time, thanks to MacPaw culture, work on CleanMyMac is flexible and will allow you to be bold and creative in your ideas.
You will join an existing cross-functional team of bright, kind, and creative people. We each have our area of expertise, but our contribution to the product's growth reaches far beyond our typical specialties. We are focusing on rapid experiments and the validation of a large number of hypotheses. Together with us, you will pitch ideas and see the impact your work makes.
We see the job of a Product Designer in translating user needs and business requirements into thoughtful, end-to-end experiences that adds value to the user's life.
Please, apply by sending us your CV and portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Gather and translate user feedback, business requirements, and technical limitations into the product improvements
- Work with hypotheses and their validation; do different tests
- Own the end-to-end design creation from rough ideas and sketches to high-fidelity prototypes
- Work on the optimization of the business model, tiered pricing
- Create the design vision and strategy for the product, build and maintain the design system
- Produce marketing/sales materials (landings, ads, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with the product manager, engineers, and other team members to create optimal solutions
- Work on the product and website
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Solid product design experience
- Strong digital work portfolio
- Development and maintenance of a complex project from idea to launch
- Understanding of Human-centered Design principles
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines for Mac, understanding the aesthetics of Apple products
- The team is working with Figma, so you need to have practical skills and be confident using it
- Experience in partnering with product managers and engineers
- Experience in the design of responsive web experiences
- Upper-intermediate level of English or higher
As a plus:
- Experience with B2B products
- Experience in designing desktop applications, preferably for Mac
- Experience with SaaS products
- Understanding of main SaaS metrics. You don’t need to have a deep understanding of statistics or data analysis, but you should be able to engage these subjects with interest and curiosity
- Experience in conducting and/or participating in quality product research (usability testing, user surveys, etc.)
- Experience with interactive prototyping and animation
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We’re also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.