We are looking for a detail-oriented Content Writer for the marketing team of our flagship product, CleanMyMacX.
CMM has been recognized through numerous awards and reviews as one of the best Mac cleaning apps on the market. Combining multiple versions, markets, and a 10-year history, CleanMyMac requires a lot of respect and diligence. Please check out our video about CleanMyMac X if you’d like to learn more.
We’re looking for a person with both copywriting and proofreading skills with a scrupulous attention to detail. At the same time, we expect you to write with passion and fun — yes, we won’t lie to you — about macOS functionality.
If a blend of diligence and creativity, copywriting and proofreading, solo work and communication sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you. In addition to your CV, please send us 2-3 of your writing samples, because it’s the only way we can evaluate your profile fully :)
We work with articles. A lot. (Here’s the proof :)). The articles are written for us by our in-house writers as well as freelancers. If you join us, you will be coordinating the work of 2-3 freelance writers, proofreading the quality of their copy, editing and updating the old content with new information. You’ll make sure that the new articles match our style guide, that they are useful and fun, containing factual and up-to-date recommendations. Finally, you’ll be the person responsible for publishing the articles on our website.
About 30% of your time you’ll be busy helping the team with other copywriting tasks, as well as writing articles yourself. This means you will be creating content seen by millions of users worldwide. Our blog competes with such resources as MacWorld, MacRumors, 9to5mac and even with Apple Support pages.
Here is the summary of your responsibilities:
- Coordinate the work of 2-3 freelance writers (distribute workload, send tasks, receive materials)
- Check the quality of their writing, provide fair feedback and make sure the corrections are implemented
- Publish new articles via site admin panel (that includes making sure everything’s right with formatting, screenshots, illustrations, links)
- Write the “how to” articles for our blog
- Brief the designers to create visuals
- Find new freelance writers, if necessary
- Update the old, poorly-performing content with latest information on the subject
- Help the team with other copywriting tasks
- Experience in software marketing copywriting and content creation
- Advanced English
- Superb attention to detail
As a Plus
- Experience with writing software marketing materials
- Experience in managing freelance writers