MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s
culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
MacPaw is a team of software madmen in the best possible meaning of the term. We really like what we do and are passionate about making an impact on the development of the IT industry.
Moreover, our colleagues willingly share their experiences within the team (well, sharing is caring, as they say). But this is not the limit, so our engineers, designers, and other well-experienced specialists would like to transmit their knowledge outside the MacPaw walls.
And here, we need the help of a tech-savvy Content Writer who can transform complex technical things into simple, understandable explanations and compose them in an attractive form.
If it sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you.
Please apply by sending us your CV and work portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Help the team to launch a tech blog where news and experiences will be shared
- Design standards and tone of voice for tech blog articles
- Rewrite and polish articles written by the MacPaw engineers, designers and other product specialists
- Work with video content/podcasts and transform them into a text form
- Write technology news and announcements
- Closely cooperate with the Technology Brand Manager, designers, engineers, etc.
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Impeccable English
- Profound experience in content creation from scratch, editorship and proofreading
- Experience in content structure design
- Understanding of software development technologies and engineering terms
- Thirst for exploring new and ready to research, ask questions
As a Plus:
- Apple-inspired: watch all Apple events and occasions, keep an eye on Apple-related articles and news
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Experience in working with several clients at the same time
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you choose to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.