MacPaw is searching for an exceptional writer. One with a keen eye for detail and a broad array of copy talents including: digital marketing, press releases, emails, blogs, product write-ups, announcements, social media, and everything in between.
We need you because we’re launching a huge new product stream called Setapp for Teams. It’s Setapp, but B2B. The Setapp for Teams team makes Setapp available… for teams. We take on the challenge of rallying Setapp’s incredible feature set and shipping it to groups that want to perform better, faster, and with ease. It’s everything great about Setapp, quintupled.
We’re not looking for a writer to execute detailed, predefined tasks, but an autonomous creative who will guide all Setapp for Teams communications with the public. Your creative ways of communicating must stand out, tastefully. Setapp for Teams is an opportunity to talk to a new target audience in a completely unique way. You’ll construct a tone of voice for the platform which branches off of Setapp’s very own, with a lot of breaking room for expanding guidelines.
Our team of bright, kind and creative people includes developers, designers, and marketers. As part of this team, you’ll pitch ideas and quickly see the impact your work makes.
If you’re ready to experiment, bring bold ideas to life, and you love what you’ve read above, send us your resume. Additionally, please upload or link to 3 writing samples in English (preferably marketing copy) – this way we can evaluate your profile fully and give feedback fast.
Your first challenges will be: timely product release, building scalable lead generation (a lot of test campaigns, optimizing and scaling, testing new ideas in the next six months), developing a modular kit of materials for big events (conferences, trade shows).
In general, you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing for our main site, account page, and desktop client
- Developing effective copy including landing pages, handouts, text and display ads, emails, product descriptions, social media updates, etc.
- Brainstorming creative concepts for any Setapp for Teams activities and bringing them to life
- Writing blog posts, articles, and releases
- Constructing event kits
- Creating video scripts
- Working with our designers to find visual assets to support your copy
- Sourcing new ideas for your copy by studying the product, target audiences, and competitor activities
- Tracking results and learning from them — monitoring campaign performance to always improve your copy
- Near-native level of written English
- 2-4 years of writing for software in a content, copy, or UX writing position
- Ability to adhere to style guides
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong understanding of copywriting best practices
- Strong understanding of design principles and user-first approach
As a Plus
- Experience with writing for B2B audiences
- Experience with writing for interfaces
- Basic knowledge of design tools like Sketch and InVision
- Experience with creating design prototypes and user flows