MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Our Malware Lab Team develops security threat protection instruments that protect 30+ millions of MacPaw users worldwide. We create the detection mechanisms for MacPaw products and act as trusted security partners to the product teams.
We conduct in-depth research on malware, other emerging threats and technologies, and the brand new operating systems' security mechanisms. Examine recent virus samples, look for ways to detect malware by its behavior, and outsmart the developers of malicious programs.
Engineering Managers at MacPaw lead the engineering teams by planning and managing the development processes to deliver quality product solutions. They also constantly work on strengthening the team`s technological expertise through individual and teamwork.
At Malware Lab, your role will include overseeing teamwork, providing the best and the most timely malware coverage through creating and developing tools, policies, and procedures that ensure a standardized level of service.
If you love what you saw above and are ready to bring your ideas to life, don`t hesitate to send us your CV!
In this role, you will:
- Plan and agree on engineering and technical research activities that support internal malware analysis tools development and malware detection quality, approve it with the Product Manager
- Manage teamwork by planning and prioritizing the backlog, clarifying tasks, monitoring progress, and eliminating blockers to establish effective coordination and delivery efforts.
- Create, develop and improve the malware analysis processes by researching, implementing, and revising solutions, procedures, policies, and standards to provide a quick and high-quality reaction to the new malware on the market
- Identify and cope with cross-team/functional dependencies and risks with other teams to eliminate blockers in the value delivery process
- Maintain proper team performance by conducting ongoing operational analytics and ensuring the delivery of regular reporting to the PM.
- Drive continual improvements in Malware Lab analysis performance, efficiency, and workflows by implementing new practices, approaches, and tools, improving existing ones to ensure the effectiveness of Malware Lab
- Provide team guidance and conduct regular team management processes: hiring, training, development and salary review, and others aligned with company practices and policies
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Practical expertise in malware analysis
- Proven practical experience in people management and technical project management
- Experience in guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
As a Plus:
- Experience in building teams specializing in malware analysis
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war and maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.