MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe technology and humans can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Right now, we are working on a new innovative product. This role is an excellent opportunity for you to join an exciting adventure at the very beginning and grow into the Lead Engineering Manager role in the future.
Engineering Managers at MacPaw lead the engineering teams by planning and managing the development processes to deliver quality product solutions. They also constantly work on strengthening the team`s technological expertise through individual and teamwork.
A bit more about the team:
You will join an existing cross-functional team and actively participate in the initial product development and forming an effective engineering team. You will work with non-trivial tasks, do a lot of research, and influence the strategy of the new product.
We are a team of software madmen in the best possible meaning of the term. We really like what we do and are passionate about making an impact on the IT industry's development.
If you`re interested in joining us in this adventure - don`t hesitate to send your CV and learn more about it!
In this role, you will:
- Embrace the technological leadership in a team, plan and agree on engineering activities and tasks/project priorities in alignment with the Product Manager
- Manage teamwork by planning and prioritizing engineering backlog, clarifying tasks, monitoring progress, and eliminating blockers to establish effective coordination and delivery efforts
- Be responsible for implementing technical solutions, new approaches, or development processes aligned with MacPaw approaches on a team level
- Keep team processes effective and reasonable to support team cooperation and delivery
- Maintain proper team performance, provide guidance, identify skill gaps, and support employees' professional development
- Conduct regular people management processes for team members (hiring, training, development and salary review, etc.) aligned with company practices and policies and with the HR Partners` support
- Identify and cope with cross-team/functional dependencies and risks with other teams to eliminate blockers in the value delivery process
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Strong engineering background that can help with planning and achieving product goals
- Experience with OS level internals
- Proven practical experience in people management and technical project management
- Experience in guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
As a Plus:
- Experience with macOS
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war and maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.