MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Moonlock is MacPaw’s division that focuses on the cybersecurity needs of Mac users. MacOS is the new frontier for cybercriminals, and we dare you to join us in the fight to protect our users.
“We believe technology shouldn’t make you vulnerable — it should keep you safe. So we make software to help machines protect you.”
As Engineering Manager at Moonlock, you'll guide a passionate team of cybersecurity enthusiasts & seasoned professionals in building a powerful new solution to protect Mac users. Leverage your experience in planning, managing, and delivering high-quality software to shape the future of Mac security.
Ready to build the future of Mac security? Send us your CV and join us on this ambitious and rewarding journey!
In this role, you will:
- Embrace the technological leadership in a team, plan and agree on engineering activities and tasks/project priorities, and approve it with the Product Manager
- Manage teamwork by planning and prioritizing engineering backlog, clarifying tasks, monitoring progress, and eliminating blockers to establish effective coordination and delivery efforts
- Be responsible for implementing technical solutions, new approaches, or development processes aligned with Company/Product approaches on a team level
- Keep team processes effective and reasonable to support team cooperation and delivery
- Maintain proper team performance, provide guidance, identify skill gaps, and support employees' professional development
- Conduct regular people management processes for team members (hiring, training, development and salary review, etc.) aligned with company practices and policies and with the HR Partners` support
- Identify and cope with cross-team/functional dependencies and risks with other teams to eliminate blockers in the value delivery process
- Participate in company-wide engineering projects to improve business value and development & delivery
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Proven practical experience in engineering management at least 2 years
- Background in engineering/technical project management/Team Lead role
- Experience in guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- Proven experience leading and managing a team of a minimum of 5 Engineers (senior level)
- Expert understanding of different SDLC concepts, proven experience with Agile methodologies
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Driven self-starter with the ability to multitask and set priorities
- Good communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company
As a Plus:
- Experience with macOS & iOS
- Prior Cybersecurity expertise
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.