MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
You'll be our employees' go-to person, assisting them with all software and hardware issues and finding solutions to unusual cases. To be successful in this position, you should enjoy helping others and researching/imagining solutions to a variety of problems.
You'll learn more about our office's internal processes while working in a team with other Helpdesk Specialists and our Office System Administrators.
If you enjoy a variety of duties, want to learn and expand your abilities, and are focused on people as well as technology, don't hesitate to send us your CV!
In this role, you will:
- Assist the standard office IT infrastructure automation products
- Assists staff personally and remotely with technical and procedural computer software and hardware issues
- Test new software and hardware products
- Deploy and update OS and software
- Support System Administrators in managing user accounts, setting up and managing multifunctional devices
- Deploy and redeploy computer equipment for end-users
- Handle device inventory and control
- Configure all existing services (OpenVPN, IPSec (Racoon), Atlassian software, reserve copies of services, etc.)
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Experience with Unix-like systems
- Experience working with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience working with Microsoft products (MS Office, Azure, etc.)
- English (Pre-Intermediate). Able to read and understand technical documentation, basic writing skill
- Able to concentrate on routine and repetitive tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Quick learning
As a Plus:
- Deep knowledge of macOS
- Experience with network hardware
- Understanding basic principles of Cloud services
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, the co-working spaces at our HQ are open around the clock, following all health and safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.