MacPaw is about creating apps and services that improve user’s everyday lives. We make products that enhance what Mac and iOS have to offer, saving people's time and energy better spent on the things they love.
Gemini Photos is an iOS app that helps you clear the mess in your photo library and make it a pleasure to view. With the help of image classification algorithms, it detects and removes photo duplicates, blurry photos, screenshots you never deleted, chats, addresses, whiteboards... and all kinds of junk that make you buy more storage in iCloud!
Our product keeps growing, and we plan to launch the Gemini Photos’ redesign in the nearest future. We pay a lot of attention to UX/UI in product development, following Apple's Human Interface Guidelines. We work with kanban, have weekly team meetings to plan what tasks we should work on during the next week, and also regular retrospectives conducted by MacPaw coaches to discuss and brainstorm on how we can improve the product or the workflow.
The engineering team includes:
- 4 Software Engineers
- 1 QA Engineer
And we are looking for a passionate and proactive Junior QA Engineer to complement our team and take over the tasks on UX, regression, smoke, exploratory testing, and steadily grow to automation testing in their further development.
- Use the iOS system’s knowledge for modeling user flow when testing the app.
- Test features on positive, negative, and ad-hoc scenarios according to the platform.
- Perform Exploratory, Smoke, Regression testing.
- Update existing and create new documentation to cover tested features or parts of the product.
- Reproduce issues and collaborate with the support team.
- Report test results and issues.
- Strong understanding of software testing and development life-cycle.
- Strong knowledge of testing types and methodologies.
- Good understanding of UX/UI principles.
- Experience in writing test documentation.
- Experience with a bug tracker system.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT).
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools.
As a Plus
- Experience with analytics and proxy tools.
- Familiarity with design platforms.
- Experience in analyzing crash reports and logs.
Here is our MacPaw Family Recipe to make the world’s best software:
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give them access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like to, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.