We are currently seeking an experienced Lawyer to scale our Legal Team.
Our ideal candidate is a proactive and detail-oriented person with a strong sense of responsibility, ready to face challenging and interesting tasks. In exchange, you’ll gain experience in unique projects with constant communication and work with product teams.
In your first months, you will face a wide range of issues, including but not limited to:
- drafting and proof-reading of contracts and other corporate documentation;
- consulting regarding various legal issues in the product, marketing context;
- drafting claims and complaints regarding different violations of the Company’s rights;
- analyzing the legislation/court practice on particular requests.
If that sounds like what you are looking for - don’t hesitate to apply as soon as possible :)
- Providing legal advice and guidance on all issues within the organization, in particular providing guidance on various areas of law including contract, company, employment, IP law, and other legal matters arising in an Information Technology business
- Timely preparation and review of a high volume of contracts and other related documents
- Monitoring and advising managers of contractual rights and obligations as they pertain to specific agreements
- Working within the Company’s contract management system, including maintaining life-cycle requirements and training
- Managing of legal, commercial, and corporate database
- Responding quickly and efficiently to ad hoc requests for legal advice and support
- Ensuring that all corporate policies and documentation are fully compliant under applicable legislation
- Drafting corporate policies as required by the organization from time to time
- Conducting legal research and preparing reports and presentations as requested
- Liaising regularly with internal teams and various stakeholders to ensure operational compliance
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal risks within the organization as they pertain to the intersection of (i) commercial contracts and (ii) security, intellectual property, privacy, regulatory compliance, and other commercial issues
- Supporting day-to-day operations of the company
- Higher legal education
- Experience in a similar role / General understanding of IT subject field
- Areas of expertise: contract law, IP law
- Ability to research and understand the foreign legislation and court practice
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- English strong upper-intermediate or higher
As a Plus
- General understanding of taxation issues, including international taxation, will be considered as an advantage
- Personal Data Security Issues
Here is our MacPaw Family Recipe to make the world’s best software:
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.