We are looking for a proactive macOS Engineer to join the Setapp team.
We want to make it easier for Mac users to discover new Mac applications — the ones they were searching for or the ones they didn’t even know they needed in their lives. Setapp is our ambitious young product that lets the user get unlimited access to the library of applications right on their Mac.
For a subscription fee, it gives you the opportunity to use all these quality apps you’ve always wanted to try out — without the need to buy and install each app individually.
You can take a look and even sign up for a free trial at setapp.com.
If you decide to join, you’ll work in a great cross-functional team with 4 other macOS Engineers, as well as web developers, QA, designers, analysts, and copywriters.
You’re our dream candidate for this job if you have speed, agility, and curiosity — we work fast, create new features for the product, constantly improve the old ones, and conduct experiments simultaneously. If that sounds exciting — be sure to apply, even if you don’t have desktop development experience. We have a great track record of bringing mobile engineers up to speed fast :)
The macOS team is in charge of the desktop app itself.
You’ll work on a standalone app that lets the user discover new apps, an agent that runs in the background and tracks the usage of all apps in Setapp, as well as UI part — Menu Bar App with shortcuts to important functions.
Here are the tasks that will be yours after you join:
- Drive our new Collections feature to the new horizons
- Brainstorm and develop a new product from scratch
- Improving existing components
- 3+ years of macOS/iOS development experience (Objective-C and Swift knowledge)
- Understanding of macOS/iOS system structure (what are the bundles/packages, where user files are stored, what are user defaults, what is agent/daemon, app bundle structure, etc.)
- Multithreading techniques (e.g. GCD)
- Communicative, proactive person and an independent thinker
- Intermediate level of English
As a Plus
- XPC experience
- Upper-intermediate level of English
Here is our MacPaw Family Recipe to make the world’s best software:
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give them access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.