MacPaw is looking for an experienced macOS engineer to improve and adopt Setapp4Teams desktop client.
Setapp is a web+desktop service that lets the user get unlimited access to the library of applications right on their Mac. For a subscription fee, it gives you the opportunity to use all these quality apps you’ve always wanted to try out — without the need to buy and install each app individually.
We need you because we’ve launched a huge new product stream called Setapp for Teams. It’s Setapp, but B2B. The Setapp for Teams team makes Setapp available... for teams. We take on the challenge of rallying Setapp’s incredible feature set and shipping it to groups that want to perform better, faster, and with ease. It’s everything great about Setapp, quintupled.
The current version of the Setapp desktop client is focused on personal usage. The main task for you would be to adopt and change desktop client for the needs of collaborative usage in teams, creating and implementing B2B user flows.
You will be the only macOS developer in the team, working closely with QA, web engineers, designers and marketers. You’re our dream candidate for this job if you are initiative, independent and creative. As you’ll be the only macOS engineer, you should be ready to take responsibility for the whole macOS development stream and to conduct constant communication with the rest of the team. As part of Setapp4Teams, you’ll pitch ideas and quickly see the impact your work makes.
- Adapt desktop Setapp UI/UX for B2B needs
- Implement product analytics
- Implement the onboarding process
- Take an active part in the technical development of the product by proposing ideas and improvements
- 3+ years of macOS/iOS experience (Objective-C and Swift knowledge)
- Understanding of macOS/iOS system structure (bundles/packages, where user files are stored, what is user defaults, what is agent/daemon, app bundle structure, etc.)
- Multithreading techniques (e.g. GCD)
- Product development mindset
- Desire to study and improve constantly
- Intermediate level of English
As a Plus
- XPC experience
- Advanced knowledge of English would be a great plus because you’ll be able to communicate with Setapp4Teams customers to better understand their pains and needs