For our CleanMyMac team we are looking for a macOS Malware Analyst. It could be an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with a curious mindset and interest to reverse engineering, as well as a seasoned Reverse Engineer with a solid static & dynamic malware analysis background.
The anti-malware functionality in our application is quickly expanding, covering more and more cases. Our future candidate will research brand new operating systems security mechanism, examining recent viruses samples, looking for ways to detect malware by its behavior, and outsmart developers of malicious programs.
Haven’t you heard about CleanMyMac X yet?
CleanMyMac X does all the essential housekeeping on a Mac: deletes tons of junk and malware, and makes a computer faster and more organized. You can use CleanMyMac X to manage storage, apps, and monitor the health of your Mac.
CleanMyMac X helps your Mac to reclaim tons of free space taken by junk and makes Mac more responsive. It also sorts and removes unused apps and hidden extensions, eliminates malware, trojan viruses, cryptocurrency miners and helps you to disable hung apps and heavy memory consumers.
Please check our video about CleanMyMac X: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhtlsL22d-8&t=2s
- Perform reversing of malicious samples, describe their behaviour
- Identify behaviour patterns, that will help our engine team to fight against dynamically generated malware and distinguish new samples from already known families
- Monitor the latest developments in the malware landscape in order to react as fast as possible and protect our users from the newest threats
- Monitor and review our malware detection system
- Investigate infected machines in order to understand possible attack entry points and find ways to protect users.
- Experience with reverse engineering tools (Hopper, IDA, etc.)
- At least basic Assembly language
- Understanding UNIX Operating System concepts: processes, virtual & physical memory, filesystem
- Knowledge of macOS internals or interest in learning them
- Knowledge of any scripting language, preferably Bash or Python
- Familiarity with OS virtualization in order to perform dynamic malware analysis
As a Plus
- Understanding of how various attacks work