MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
As a QA engineer at MacPaw, you will provide the necessary quality level of our product Setapp by implementing the best manual and automation testing practices using existing tools and ensuring high-quality standards.
Setapp is MacPaw’s subscription-based app service for macOS and iOS. It provides access to 240+ quality apps that cover such categories as productivity, lifestyle, web development, Mac maintenance, creativity, writing, education, and personal finance. It’s like “Netflix for apps”.
Setapp’s mission is to give Apple users easy access to stellar apps, so they can focus on doing the job, not looking for the tools.
A bit more about the team:
You will join the Setapp Stability team. We are a fully cross-functional team that is responsible for the technical and delivery scale of the product by giving a fundamental technical basis for other teams. We are controlling tech debt in our product, keeping platform actuality and changeability, driving innovations, and have responsibility for some of the clients-oriented Setapp parts.
In this role, you will:
- You will handle manual and automation activities and will be responsible for product quality, developing and supporting testing infrastructure
- Test Setapp web applications with UI, API, and end-to-end tests using relevant techniques (manual & automation testing)
- Update existing and create new documentation to cover tested features or parts of the product
- Improve existing and implement new testing tools on the project
- Analyze how automation tests cover product flows and help to provide quality of a product. Maintain and extend automation tests on a project using existing tools
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 2+ years experience in manual testing
- Strong experience in automation testing for frontend as well as backend functionalities
- SQL knowledge
- Deep understanding of client-server architecture and Web technologies (architecture)
- Practical experience with version control systems (GIT), CI/CD processes, and tools (Jenkins, Azure, etc.)
- At least an Intermediate level of English or higher
As a Plus:
- Experience with organization and maintenance of the testing flow on the project
- Experience with testing client-server applications on the macOS and Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.