MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for a creative and experienced PR Manager to lead our PR Security direction. You will work along with MacPaw security specialists, build awareness and a trust-based relationship in the specialized community, conduct and share research on potential cyber threats, and join relevant professional associations.
You will tell the world about the unique security and privacy features and benefits of MacPaw’s products through proactive media campaigns, product launches, speaking opportunities, social media, and more.
Please send us your CV and examples of your publications in international media outlets to apply.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively build PR strategy and programs to drive awareness of MacPaw Product security
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with teams across MacPaw, journalists, bloggers, business press key partners, and technology influencers
- Be a daily public relations lead for proactive announcements and product launches, including drafting blog posts, media pitches, and launch materials, ensuring we provide a consistent tone in how we communicate about security and privacy
- Ensure factually accurate representation of an expanding portfolio of MacPaw products in the technology press
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns
- Think creatively, take smart risks, and manage tough issues as they arise
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Strong media relations skills and a passion for PR
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English languages
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to tailor messages to the right audiences and quickly adapt depending on the circumstances
- Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Understanding of technology, and the ability to communicate complex topics effectively
As a Plus:
- Experience with security and/or privacy technology public relations and relationships with technology
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s completely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you decide to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental, massages, and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation fitness and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that actually covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of important matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.