MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are actively seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Product Designer.
We are in the process of launching a new B2B SaaS web platform. If you have the skills and drive to bring a product to life, along with a deep understanding of analytics and research, we invite you to apply.
You'll be a part of a tight-knit team consisting of a product manager, back-end and front-end engineers, and of course, yourself. But that's just the beginning! As our company continues to grow, so will our team.
Also, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of cross-functional colleagues, including marketers, analysts, researchers, and other talented designers. This means you'll have the chance to work with different experts, share ideas, and collectively drive our product to new heights.
We see the job of a Product Designer as translating user needs and business requirements into thoughtful, end-to-end experiences that add value to the user’s life. Design is a core value for us, and we are looking for a person with a balance of interaction design, visual design, and product thinking skills. Sensible perfectionism is highly appreciated :)
With this role, you’ll also receive the following:
- work in a big company but on a new product in a startup environment
- completely opened to experiments and optimizations environment
- your ideas and expertise will play a significant role in shaping our product and making a lasting impact
Don't miss out on the opportunity to be part of our startup mood and let's embark on this exciting journey together!
Please, apply by sending us your CV and portfolio.
P.S. Good news! We don’t have a test assignment for this position, we have an interview with practical tasks instead.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end product design process, taking ownership of designing a new product from scratch to the MVP stage
- Implement design solutions through collaboration with the product manager, engineers, and other team members
- Create user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate and validate design concepts and ideas
- Distinguish the target audience’s tasks and problems based on the presented qualitative and quantitative data
- Develop and maintain design systems, style guides, and UI components to ensure consistency and scalability across the product
- Participate in the product and/or company’s design community initiatives through developing better communication, mutual choice of tools, experience, knowledge and feedback exchange, launch and coordination of additional projects in the are
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Strong digital portfolio of your past works
- Experience in B2B model
- Development and maintenance of a project from idea to launch
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to leverage data to inform design decisions and iterate on solutions
- The team is working with Figma, so you need to have practical skills and be confident using it
- A passion for startups and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Upper-Intermediate English level
- Native (fluent) Ukrainian
As a Plus:
- Motion design skills
- Experience in conducting and/or participating in quality product research (usability testing, user surveys, etc.)
- Experience developing design systems, UI Kits
- Knowledge of brand development and branding strategies
And a little bit more about the perfect fit:
Use qualitative and quantitative data to iterate on new designs
Able to elicit ideas from other team members, brainstorm with other team members, and bring the best ideas to life through simple and elegant design solutions
Think big, and drive design and business goals forward through short-term and long-term roadmaps
Able to understand technical concepts and lead the design of large, complex initiatives with little oversight
Demonstrate understanding of the users, teammates, and stakeholders
Care deeply about the users, their pain points, and their needs
Desire to continually improve self, others, and the experience our users receive
Being either introverted or extroverted is fine, but this person must be able to work with roles from all functions and strongly advocate for expressing user needs through design
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.