We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the Billing & Activation Team within the larger Platform Team.
At MacPaw, the Platform Team builds SaaS-like solutions for our product teams, to improve business outcomes for the organization. From our customer-facing MacPaw Accounts area and MacPaw Store to the back office that allows our Customer Support team to help customers with their problems on a daily basis, the MacPaw platform is key to the success of both our product teams and our customers.
The Billing & Activation Team is focused on the core business logic behind how we bill customers and how we provide and revoke access to our products. From our in-app activation flows and checkout experiences to expanding supported payment methods and optimizing costs.
MacPaw creates top-quality Mac applications, including CleanMyMac, with millions of users throughout the entire world – even Antarctica. As a Product Manager within the Billing & Activation Team, you will have a direct impact on their experience purchasing and activating our products together with leaders in the payment industry and a top-notch development team.
The Billing & Activation team is a very technical and engineering-driven area with non-trivial challenges both in terms of business logic and scalability, and is core to product operations.
Please note that applications will be processed after January 10, 2022.
In this role, you will:
- Own and develop the vision of our billing and activation initiatives
- Own and develop an actionable strategy and roadmap to reach the vision
- Define and own performance indicators
- Identify and define requirements through both research and closely working with our product teams
- Work together with designers and engineers to turn requirements into refined and prioritized backlog items
- Coordinate with the Product Managers of other streams within the Platform Team to reach common, cross-stream goals
- Drive product development and delivery by setting ambitious goals and defining measurable expected outcomes
- Work closely with external payment providers to facilitate integration end-to-end, from contracting to delivery
- Be an evangelist for the MacPaw platform within the organization
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Three years of product management experience, leading product development end-to-end
- Track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to balance quantitative and qualitative insights to make informed business decisions and measure their impact
- Great understanding of UI and UX and experience creating highly effective user flows together with product designers
- Experience developing and testing product hypotheses and turning the results into prioritized backlog items
- Domain knowledge of the problems companies face when working with payment providers
- Deep understanding of the subscription order lifecycle and the challenges presented
- Experience working with technical products
- System thinking and holistic approach to product development – the whole is the sum of its parts
- Understanding of what goes into building a web product – from what an API is to non-functional concerns (i.e. security, compliance, technical SEO)
- Comfortable with discussing business logic and tradeoffs with engineers when refining features in the roadmap
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Upper-intermediate level of English
As a Plus:
- Experience managing internal products and stakeholders
- Experience with alternative payment providers such as AliPay, WeChat Pay, Klarna, or others
- Previous experience building or integrating payment gateways or aggregators
What we offer:
- Hybrid work model
It’s completely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you decide to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental, massages, and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation fitness and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that actually covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of important matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.