We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the Site Team within the larger Platform Team.
At MacPaw, the Platform Team builds SaaS-like solutions for our product teams, to improve business outcomes for the organization. From our customer-facing MacPaw Accounts area and MacPaw Store to the back office that allows our Customer Support team to help customers with their problems on a daily basis, the MacPaw platform is key to the success of both our product teams and our customers.
The Site Team is focused on producing and facilitating business outcomes through our company’s website, our main distribution channel for MacPaw products. From improving how potential customers discover and purchase our products on our store, to assisting existing customers solve problems with their current subscriptions.
The MacPaw website has over 2.5 million monthly visitors from around the world. In 2021, we had 95 visitors from Antarctica. They all speak different languages, browse on different devices, and have their own browser preferences. However, they all share a common need – top-quality applications for their Macs. As a Product Manager within the Site Team, you will have a direct impact on the quality of their experience with MacPaw by creating an intuitive, fast, and secure web experience.
Please note that applications will be processed after January 10, 2022.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the MacPaw site through its next phase of scale, with a planned redo to support modular design and development practices
- Own and develop the vision of MacPaw website
- Own and develop an actionable strategy and roadmap to reach the vision
- Define and own product performance indicators
- Identify and define requirements through both research and closely working with our product teams
- Work together with designers and engineers to turn requirements into refined and prioritized backlog items
- Coordinate with the Product Managers of other streams within the Platform Team to reach common, cross-stream goals
- Facilitate cross-team development of our website through a community culture, while ensuring the consistency and maintainability of our website experience
- Drive product development and delivery by setting ambitious goals and defining measurable expected outcomes
- Be an evangelist for the MacPaw platform within the organization
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Three years of product management experience, leading product development end-to-end
- Track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to balance quantitative and qualitative insights to make informed business decisions and measure their impact
- Great understanding of UI and UX and experience creating highly effective user flows together with product designers
- Experience developing and testing product hypotheses and turning the results into prioritized backlog items
- System thinking and holistic approach to product development – the whole is the sum of its parts
- Understanding of what goes into building a web product – from what an API is to non-functional concerns (i.e. security, compliance, technical SEO)
- Comfortable with discussing business logic and tradeoffs with engineers when refining features in the roadmap
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Upper-intermediate level of English
As a Plus:
- Experience managing internal products and stakeholders
- Experience with conversion rate optimization
- Experience with global ecommerce experiences
- Familiarity with open source or inner source philosophies and practices
What we offer:
- Hybrid work model
It’s completely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you decide to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental, massages, and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation fitness and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that actually covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of important matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.