MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
ClearVPN is the first effortless VPN for a personalized and secure online experience, available on multiple platforms — macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows. We are focused on reinventing the VPN in terms of design and user experience, creating an accessible and more customer-centric app. It helps its users access any content, secures their online interactions, provides them with ready-made Shortcuts, and automatically chooses the best idle server.
We are growing fast, and because of that, we are looking for a self-sufficient QA Engineer to help us build testing processes and ensure excellent product performance and functionality across all platforms.
A bit more about the team:
As a new member, you will join an existing team of sixteen specialists — two product managers, a product marketing manager, a QA engineer, four software engineers, two back-end engineers, a front-end engineer, designers, marketers, and one product analyst. Our team tries to follow all up-to-date trends and experiment with new technologies and approaches. So rest assured - you definitely won't be bored.
You'll be hands-on in manual testing, continue driving our test automation journey, and be responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the product, including APIs and user interfaces.
In this role, you will:
- Integrate and maintain the up-to-date state test flow (Decomposes features into test components for prioritization workload)
- Handle cross-platform manual and automation activities and be responsible for product quality, developing and supporting testing infrastructure
- Create test documentation based on requirements analysis
- Analysis of business needs considering UX design
- Maintain testing processes on the product, analyze and improve team processes
- Collaborate with a team in everyday tasks
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- At least two years of professional experience in software testing and quality assurance in an Agile environment
- Good understanding of software QA methodologies and practices
- Strong experience with cross-platform testing
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks like Cypress, Selenium, Xcode, or similar
- Good command of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of testing mobile applications (iOS/Android) and desktop apps (Windows, MacOS)
- Commercial experience with GRPC and REST API testing
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in virtualization technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.