MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Research Analyst to scale the team.
Together with 6 team members, you will partner closely with all MacPaw products and teams and provide the whole cycle of research: starting with discussing the task with an internal customer, ending up with presenting received data, generated conclusions, and recommendations.
You’re the right fit for this role if you’re a responsible team player who isn’t opposed to switching between long-term and ad-hoc daily tasks and has a passion for creating new solutions. We also hope you’ll be a good communicator and like a bit of informed discussion every now and then, and you’re able to defend your opinion through arguments and facts.
In this role, you will:
- Defining the object and subject of research
- Designing, conducting, analyzing, and presenting different types of research
- Analyzing market and user/customer research results, reveal advantages and disadvantages of products, their pains, and gains; needs and wants of customers
- Providing product teams/company services with research reports and recommendations
- Promoting a data-driven decision-making approach with innovative research technologies that can address product needs (e.g., increasing product value)
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- English strong upper-intermediate or higher
- Experience in product/market research and analysis
- Experience in qualitative research on the “client” side
- Excellent expertise in planning and conducting user/customer interviews and UX testing, creating and analyzing customer surveys, and performing the competitive analysis (proven interviewing or testing skills will be an advantage)
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Expertise in analyzing and using data to make informed decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
As a Plus:
- Experience with quantitative research datasets
- Work experience in Product based or SaaS companies
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, the co-working spaces at our HQ are open around the clock, following all health and safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.