MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Senior QA Engineer to join our Platform team.
At MacPaw, the Platform Team builds SaaS-like solutions for our product teams to improve business outcomes for the organization. We provide product and service teams with the web platforms necessary to interact with users and reach MacPaw business goals. We work on the activation system, billing system, and customer account for all MacPaw desktop applications. MacPaw’s desktop lineup includes CleanMyMac, Gemini, ClearVPN, and others, with millions of users worldwide.
A bit more about the team:
The Platform team is divided into 3 squads. Each of them has its OKRs and strategic goals planned for a year. All squads work according to Scrum and use tools like Slack, Jira/Confluence, Zoom, etc., for day-to-day operations and team collaboration.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of our products through testing activities and developing and supporting testing infrastructure
- Test web applications with UI, API, and end-to-end tests using relevant techniques, including manual and automation testing
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and execute testing activities while continuously improving existing and implementing new testing processes and tools on the product
- Update existing and create new documentation to cover tested features or parts of the product
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- At least 3+ years of solid experience in testing for frontend as well as backend functionalities, with practical experience in test automation (UI, API, End-to-End)
- Understanding of common web application architecture and web technologies
- Practical experience with version control systems (GIT)
- Practical experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Azure, GitHub Actions, etc)
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, TestRail
- Experience in preparing test documentation (SRS, test cases, checklists, etc.)
- Experience with macOS or Linux-based OS
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- A sense of ownership, ability to self-manage, and great communication skill
As a Plus:
- Experience with billing and security testing practices
- Experience with testing client-server applications on the macOS and Mobile (iOS) platforms
- To be familiar with OWASP (Top10 will be enough)
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.