MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s
culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
As a Senior QA Engineer at MacPaw, you will provide the necessary quality level of our product Setapp and improve it through planning and decomposing testing tasks, covering it with needed documentation, creating and implementing new testing tools, and providing technical leadership.
Setapp is MacPaw’s subscription-based app service for macOS and iOS. It provides access to 240+ quality apps that cover such categories as productivity, lifestyle, web development, Mac maintenance, creativity, writing, education, and personal finance. It’s like "Netflix for apps".
Setapp’s mission is to give Apple users easy access to stellar apps, so they can focus on doing the job, not looking for the tools.
A bit more about the team:
You will join the team of around 70 specialists: Product Managers, Back-end and Front-end Engineers, Cocoa Engineers, QA Engineers, Product and Marketing Designers, Product Analysts, Product Marketing Managers, Email Marketing Specialists, Digital Advertising Specialists, SEO Specialists, Copywriters, Technical Writers, etc..
The Setapp team is divided into several squads. Each of them has its OKRs and goals planned for every quarter of a year. All squads work according to Scrum and use such tools as Slack, Jira/Сonfluence, Notion, Miro, Zoom, etc. for day-to-day operations and team collaboration.
In this role, you will:
- Test Setapp web applications with UI, API, and end-to-end tests using relevant techniques (manual & automation testing)
- Create and maintain testing processes on products/services. Analyze and improve team processes.
- Create test documentation based on analyzing product architecture and its specific
- Improve existing and implement new testing tools on the project
- Analyze how automation tests cover product flows and help to provide the quality of a product. Maintain and extend automation tests on a project using existed tools
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 3+ years experience in manual testing
- 2+ years of practical experience with test automation (UI, API, End-to-End)
- SQL knowledge
- Deep understanding of client-server architecture and Web technologies
- Practical experience with version control systems (GIT), CI/CD processes, and tools (Jenkins, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with organization and maintenance of the testing flow on the project
As a Plus:
- Experience with testing client-server applications on the macOS and Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you to decide whether you want to work remotely or in the office. However you choose to mix it up, the office is always open in a co-working mode following all health safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.