MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join our flagship product CleanMyMac. This is an all-in-one package to awesomize your Mac.
CleanMyMac has been recognized through numerous awards and reviews as one of the best Mac cleaning apps on the market. Combining multiple versions, markets, a variety of data sources, hypotheses, and a 14-year history, CleanMyMac requires great initiative and diligence. At the same time, thanks to MacPaw culture, work on CleanMyMac is flexible and will allow you to be bold and creative in your ideas.
You will join an existing cross-functional team of bright and creative people. We each have our area of expertise, but our contribution to the product's growth reaches far beyond our typical specialties. We are focusing on rapid experiments and the validation of a large number of hypotheses. Together with us, you will pitch ideas and see the impact your work makes.
We see the job of a Senior Product Designer in translating user needs and business requirements into thoughtful, end-to-end experiences that adds value to the user's life.
Please, apply by sending us your CV and portfolio.
P.S. Good news! We don’t have a test assignment for this position, we have an interview with practical tasks instead.
In this role, you will:
- Gather and translate user feedback, business requirements, and technical limitations into the product improvements
- Work with hypotheses and their validation; do different tests
- Own the end-to-end design creation from rough ideas and sketches to high-fidelity prototypes
- Work on the optimization of the business model, tiered pricing
- Create the design vision and strategy for the product, build and maintain the design system
- Produce marketing/sales materials (landings, ads, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with the product manager, engineers, and other team members to create optimal solutions
- Work on the product and website.
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Solid product design experience
- Strong digital work portfolio
- Development and maintenance of a complex project from idea to launch
- Understanding of Human-centered Design principles
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines for Mac, understanding the aesthetics of Apple products
- The team is working with Figma, so you need to have practical skills and be confident using it
- Experience in partnering with product managers and engineers
- Experience in the design of responsive web experiences
- Upper-intermediate level of English or higher
As a Plus:
- Experience with B2B products
- Experience with SaaS products
- Understanding of main SaaS metrics. You don’t need to have a deep understanding of statistics or data analysis, but you should be able to engage these subjects with interest and curiosity
- Experience in conducting and/or participating in quality product research (usability testing, user surveys, etc.)
- Experience with interactive prototyping and animation
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.