MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We invite you to join Moonlock, the cybersecurity division of MacPaw! Here, you’ll make an impact by packing complex security tech into a tool anyone could use.
As a Senior Engineer at Moonlock, you’ll be joining a dedicated team of cybersecurity enthusiasts to create a new, powerful cybersecurity app. The very first Moonlock tech, Moonlock Engine, is already powering the Malware Removal module in the award-winning CleanMyMac X. Now, it’s time for a freestanding Moonlock product that will seamlessly protect Mac users from dangers.
Our new Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the creation of the product components architecture, implementation of business logic and UI elements development.
By the way, we are also reviewing strong middle engineers:)
In this role, you will:
- Сreate new components and extend existing of our cybersecurity solution in coordination with all product engineers (design architecture, implement logic)
- Create interconnections between the product and external systems (backend server, local database and other macOS processes)
- Configure a complex workspace to automate the testing or release process taking into account external and internal requirements
- Coverage of product components with unit tests and assistance in creating testing tools for QA
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 4+ years of macOS/iOS development experience
- Profound Swift experience
- Profound computer science fundamental knowledge (memory management, concurrency, networking, data persistence, unit testing, profiling, etc.)
- Experience in creating large modular products from scratch (requirement analysis, designing architecture, configuring complex projects, providing estimation, etc.)
- Intermediate English
As a Plus:
- Experience in macOS development (XPC, AppKit)
- Experience in Objective-C development for supporting legacy modules
- Experience with SwiftUI & Combine
- Knowledge of basic cyber security principles
- Understanding SQL
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.