MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
We are looking for a proactive and innovative-thinking Site Reliability Engineer to scale the team.
You will join a team of 9 Engineers and partner closely with all MacPaw products and teams to solve ongoing infrastructure tasks. This role requires excellent communication skills, autonomy, and the ability to work with various stakeholders.
Current challenges of our team include:
- working on building resilient, fault-tolerant, cost-effective infrastructure foundations for our products and services in tight cooperation with software engineering teams;
- identifying common patterns in SDLC processes and product infrastructure needs, making reusable solutions for similar problems, and standardizing our technical stack;
- eliminate toil and automate routine operational tasks.
Together with a team, you will also face the mission to spread the DevOps culture within MacPaw. We aim to remove the “wall of confusion” and make infrastructure orchestration more concise and friendly for software engineering teams to empower the ability to achieve business goals quickly and efficiently.
In this role you will:
- Design and implement highly available, resilient, maintainable, scalable, reusable and cost-effective infrastructure solutions
- Develop tools that abstract underlying infrastructure complexity and provides easy to use interfaces to development teams
- Design, implement and support of CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and eliminate toil
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation responding to service disruptions with proper incident handling
- Research and develop new tools and approaches to solve business needs/problems
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Proficient knowledge in computer networking, Unix/Linux internals, and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Understanding principles of building fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Hands-on experience in describing infrastructure as code
- Experience working with Kubernetes container orchestration system and accompanying cloud-native project tools such as Helm, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience creating efficient and maintainable CI/CD pipelines
- Experience writing code in one of the popular high-level languages such as Go or Python
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and remunerations for the mobilized specialists and provide financial support to Macpawians or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, the co-working spaces at our HQ are open around the clock, following all health and safety measures.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting from day one of our cooperation. Once your probation period is over, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental plus massages and offer a 50% refund on therapy sessions.
- Flexible work arrangement
You can choose a schedule comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/out since MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- A hub designed for people (and pets)
Our HQ has it all. Spacious workplaces with enough room to sit comfortably, lounge around, or get active. A gym for boxing, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Rooms for sleeping and meditation. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the hub, and you are welcome to bring your pets, too (we have separate spaces for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations, we got you: a generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal mentoring with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within the teams, prioritizing open and constructive feedback. Every Macpawian can improve the ongoing processes and implement their ideas.
- Time-off policy that indeed covers life needs
Twenty vacation days, unlimited paid sick leave, xDays (two days a month to work on what you are passionate about and not related to the MacPaw core business), and personal time off designed to help you take care of essential personal matters. On top of that, sabbaticals are open to Macpawians after five years.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. Heads up, you have to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw is involved in a whole range of charity projects, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to four work days per year making the world a better place.