We are looking for a proactive and innovative-thinking Site Reliability Engineer to scale the team.
You will join a team of 8 Engineers and partner closely with all MacPaw products and teams to solve ongoing infrastructure tasks. This role requires excellent communication skills, autonomy, and the ability to work with various stakeholders.
Current challenges of our Technical Operations Team include:
- working on building resilient, fault-tolerant, cost-effective infrastructure foundations for our products and services in tight cooperation with software engineering teams;
- identifying common patterns in SDLC processes and product infrastructure needs, making reusable solutions for similar problems, and standardizing our technical stack;
- eliminate toil and automate routine operational tasks.
Together with a team, you will also face the mission to spread the DevOps culture within MacPaw. We aim to remove the “wall of confusion” and make infrastructure orchestration more concise and friendly for software engineering teams to empower the ability to achieve business goals quickly and efficiently.
- Design and implementation of highly available, resilient, maintainable, scalable, reusable and cost-effective infrastructure solutions
- Development of tools that abstracts underlying infrastructure complexity and provides easy to use interfaces to development teams
- Design, implementation and support of CI/CD pipelines
- Identify and eliminate toil
- Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation responding to service disruptions with proper incident handling
- Research and development of new tools and approaches to solve business needs/problems
- Proficient knowledge in computer networking, Unix/Linux internals, and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Understanding principles of building fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable distributed systems
- Hands-on experience in describing infrastructure as code
- Experience working with Kubernetes container orchestration system and accompanying cloud-native project tools such as Helm, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience creating efficient and maintainable CI/CD pipelines
- Experience writing code in one of the popular high-level languages such as Go or Python
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
We offer excellent benefits, including but not limited to:
- Outstanding people
- Great conditions for education and development within the company (MacPaw xDays, conferences, workshops, training, etc.)
- Сare about your health (insurance, office gym, paid sick leaves, etc.)
- Work-rest balance support (meditation/sleeping room, 20 vacation days, etc.)
- UX driven office, equipment of your choice
- English courses
- 2 anti-stress cats