MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
As the MacPaw keeps evolving, we seek an experienced Staff Front-End Engineer. During the first half of the year, you will be involved in creating, implementing, and setting up the process of an internal project according to InnerSource principles. A sizeable project that will include both UI elements and configurators, scripts, helpers, and utilities.
We need a mature Front-End, precisely an Engineer, not a Manager, whose personal philosophy is to make life easier for others through their own solutions, constant development, and innovation. We are looking for an engineer, not in a specific product, but in the company structure, who will become a technical advisor to the Head of Front-End Engineering.
Our perfect match is a person who is ready to conduct experiments, accumulate knowledge, and give it to products on request or proactively - disrupt the status quo.
Here are the examples of your future tasks:
- Review front-end approaches in MacPaw’s products
- Develop tech strategy with the Head of Front-End Engineering
- Technical valuation of Front-End technology radar - an opinionated guide to cutting-edge technology
- Monitor and improve Developer Experience
In this role, you will:
- Develop an internal library that is used by many teams in the company based on the InnerSource strategy
- Improve Developer Experience
- Together with other Staff Engineers, constant monitoring (helicopter view) of the technologies we use for our products
- Help in forming the technical stack for new products at the very beginning
- Provide technical consultations for the Head of Front-End Engineering
- Participate in the implementation of the technical strategy
- Deliver high-quality, test-covered code to production
- Mentor Engineers in the domain area, share your own results of solving technical problems and experience as an example
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 5+ years of front-end development experience
- You are well versed in HTML and CSS with preprocessors and post-processors
- Solid knowledge of React, Next.js, and ability to use the newest practices
- Experience tuning CI/CD processes and improving automation productivity
- Extensive experience in web - understanding the whole infrastructure, front-end and back-end
- The skill of building architecture from scratch and adapting the existing one to needs
- The holistic and broad approach to modern development approaches in front-end
- Strategic thinker, growth mindset, and the desire for continuous improvement
- Experience with mentoring other engineers with different levels of seniority
- At least an Intermediate level of English
As a Plus:
- Experience with OpenSource projects or with complex InnerSource projects
- Experience with other client frameworks such as Svelte or Vue
- Experience with Node.js ecosystem, especially with Nest.js framework
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo(client/server)
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.