MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
CleanMyMac has 20+ million users worldwide and a history of dynamic growth. We are the leader in the Mac cleaning utility market and make our product with care about our users.
As the product keeps evolving and more features and updates are being (heh, and will be) launched, we need to keep both our internal and public docs up with it.
And here, we are looking for a third experienced Technical Writer on the team, a person who can write clear and easy-to-read documentation, explaining the features and practical benefits of CleanMyMac to readers worldwide.
If it sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you.
Please apply by sharing with us the following:
Motivation note (aka cover letter). For us, it's not a formality but the most essential part of an application. The letter should not be long and complicated; in no way should it be a bureaucratic cliche — stereotypical and meaningless. Instead, please explain to us, as simply as possible, why you want to work at MacPaw and why exactly you think you're a good candidate. With your motivation note, we know how you write and what colleague you might be.
CV. It's OK to send us a PDF automatically generated from your LinkedIn account.
Links to the docs you wrote previously (portfolio). It doesn't matter in which format you have the portfolio: a part of your CV, a simple PDF with links, or anything else. 2-3 links to docs are more than enough. What matters: these documents must show your authentic writing style and approach to working with docs.
In this role, you will:
- Write new and update the existing articles in the CleanMyMac X Knowledge Base so that the articles describe the latest CleanMyMac features
- Write, sort out, and update the existing internal documentation in Confluence for the latest CleanMyMac features (for example, the new CleanMyMac Menu, CleanMyMac Assistant, and many others)
- Proofread the internal docs written by the peers (other Technical Writers, Engineers, etc.)
- Closely collaborate with the other Technical Writers, Product Managers, Engineers, Support Team, etc.
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Impeccable English (perfect grammar and style are required)
- Profound experience in writing and editing technical documentation
- Ability to write clear, helpful, and user-oriented texts
- Experience with any Style Guide (MacPaw works with the Apple Style Guide)
As a Plus:
- Knowledge and love for plain English
- Experience of working with the Apple ecosystem (macOS, iOS)
- Skills in Figma (for working with illustrations)
- Experience being a Lead for technical documentation on any project
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.