MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
CleanMyMac is an all-in-one package to awesomize your Mac. It cleans megatons of junk and makes your computer run faster, just like it did on day one. It scans the entire macOS, removes junk and malware - everything from system junk to iTunes copies - and frees gigabytes of space on your Mac.
CleanMyMac has 20+ million users worldwide and a history of dynamic growth. We are the leader in the Mac cleaning utility market and make our product with care about our users.
As the product keeps evolving, more features and updates are being (heh, and will be) launched, we need to keep both our internal and public docs up with it. Moreover, a lot of new papers should be created.
And here, we need another experienced Technical Writer on the team, a person who can write clear and easy-to-read documentation, explaining the features and practical benefits of CleanMyMac to readers worldwide.
If it sounds like you, then look no further — this is the right job for you.
Please apply by sending us your CV and work portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Write new and update the existing articles in the CleanMyMac X Knowledge Base so that the articles describe the latest CleanMyMac features
- Write, sort out, and update the existing internal documentation in Confluence for the latest CleanMyMac features (for example, the new CleanMyMac Menu, CleanMyMac Assistant, and many others)
- Proofread the internal docs written by the peers (the other Technical Writer, engineers, etc.)
- Closely collaborate with the other Technical Writer, Product Managers, engineers, support team, etc.
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Impeccable English (perfect grammar and style are required)
- Profound experience in writing and editing technical documentation
- Ability to write clear, helpful, and user-oriented texts
- Experience with any Style Guide (JFYI, we work with the Apple Style Guide)
As a Plus:
- Experience with Mac platform/software
- Experience with Figma (for working with illustrations)
- Experience with linters (implementation and configuration)
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.