MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Our Site Launch Service is looking for a Senior Product Designer (Web) to strengthen its web design expertise in the team.
As a Designer of the Service, you will deal with two types of projects:
- short-term & communication websites, where it is important to create a wow effect;
- long-term, where it is necessary to work with analytics, make iterative changes, integrate or develop ui-kit, etc.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to design.
If you’re passionate about web design, please, apply by sending us your CV and portfolio.
A bit more about the team:
You will join an existing engineering team of three people. However, you’ll cooperate with various other colleagues and teams (as your internal clients) who needs your help in web expertise.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain and develop the main MacPaw website (About / Career / Affiliate / Press sections)
- Redesign MacPaw Space website according to its new vision and conception
- Work on MacPaw technical blog, design authors’ pages with gathered all materials of the person
- Design bright and creative landing pages of something we don’t know yet :)
- Cooperate with external design agency
- Build and maintain design systems
- Implement design solutions through collaboration with programmers and other teams
- Participate in the company’s design community initiatives through developing better communication, mutual choice of tools, experience, knowledge and feedback exchange, launch and coordination of additional projects in the area
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- Solid web & product design experience
- Strong digital work portfolio
- Experience working with Figma (it is a primary design tool in MacPaw, so you need to have practical skills and be confident using it)
- Experience with the creation of a Design System or UI Kit
- Experience in partnering with cross-functional teams
- Product Mindset
- Process ownership & stakeholder management
- Understanding of Human-centered Design principles
- Intermediate level of English
- Native (fluent) Ukrainian
As a Plus:
- Excellent communication skills to articulate designs and rationale
- Understanding of main SaaS metrics. You don’t need to have a deep understanding of statistics or data analysis, but you should be able to engage these subjects with interest and curiosity
- Experience with Webflow & HTML/CSS knowledge
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also rent space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.