MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that technology and human can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. Support and development of Ukraine is a significant part of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
CleanMyMac is an all-in-one package to awesomize your Mac. It cleans megatons of junk and makes your computer run faster, just like it did on day one. It scans the entire macOS, removes junk and malware - everything from system junk to iTunes copies - and frees Gigabytes of space on your Mac.
CleanMyMac has 20+ million users worldwide and a history of dynamic growth. We are the leader in the Mac cleaning utility market and make our product with care about our users.
You will join the CleanMyMac Internal Services and API’s Team, responsible for back-end services and admin panels for other teams. As a QA Engineer, you will provide the necessary quality level for the product by using planning and decomposing testing tasks. Covering it with needed documentation. Testing using existing tools and extending them where needed.
This role is for a person who has an engineering mindset and is interested in diving deeper into testing. You are our ideal candidate if you have a deep understanding of manual & automation testing and a passion for working with macOS and iOS systems. Also, if you wish to develop automation, we will be more than happy to support you.
A bit more about the team:
You will join an existing cross-functional team of bright, kind, and creative people. We each have our area of expertise, but our contribution to the product's growth reaches far beyond our typical specialities. We are focusing on rapid experiments and the validation of numerous hypotheses. Together with us, you will pitch ideas and see the impact your work makes.
Be sure that MacPaw’s environment will encourage your efforts ;)
In this role, you will:
- Integrate and maintain the up-to-date state test flow (Decomposes features into test components for prioritization workload)
- Handle manual and automation activities and be responsible for product quality, developing and supporting testing infrastructure
- Create test documentation based on requirements analysis
- Analysis of business needs considering UX design
- Maintain testing processes on the product, analyse and improve team processes
- Collaborate with a team in everyday tasks
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- At least 2 years of product quality assurance and testing experience (web and desktop applications)
- Solid experience with REST API testing
- Understanding of platform architecture
- Practical experience with different test techniques and different types of testing artifacts
- Experience in the preparation of test documentation (SRS, test cases, checklists, etc)
- Practical experience with test automation (UI, API, End-to-End)
- Practical experience with version control systems (GIT)
- Practical experience with CI/CD processes and tools
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, TestRail, Swagger
- Experience with macOS or Linux-based OS
- At least an Intermediate level of English
As a Plus:
- Experience with testing across macOS and iOS platforms
- Experience with Code Review
- Prepare Test Environment
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized employees and provide financial support to employees or their families affected by the war. You can read more about it here.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock, following all health and safety measures. We're also renting space in the Promprylad Coworking in Ivano-Frankivsk and reimburse the costs related to renting a coworking space in another city.
- Your health always comes first
We guarantee Covid-19 insurance starting on your first working day. After you complete your trial period, we cover 100% of the medical insurance cost for you and 50% for your dependents. We also cover dental and massages and offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose working hours comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Office designed for people (and pets)
Our office has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, laying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with breakfasts, coffee, and snacks. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Generous education budget, annual development reviews, free English and public speaking classes, and regular tech talks. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on what you are passionate about and it’s not a MacPaw Core Business), personal time day-offs designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Cafe and fresh daily lunches
There are plenty of yummy options for everybody. But... You *have* to try our ricotta cakes. Seriously. They’re unbelievable.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 3 working days per year making the world a better place.