We are looking for an experienced and proactive WordPress Developer to join the Site Launch team. The team supports MacPaw products, services, and divisions in creating and launching various content sites. Our mission within the company is to provide the most suitable platforms/solutions for content needs regarding security, performance, and delivery of changes.
Our ideal candidate is a responsible team player who likes switching between long-term and ad-hoc daily tasks and has a passion for creating new solutions. We also hope that you’re a good communicator and are not afraid to defend your opinion through arguments and facts.
You will join a dynamic team, where the path from idea to production can sometimes take only a few hours - with no unnecessary bottleneck processes in between. Your expertise will help the team manage priorities, pick tools and plugins, and execute the vision for our new websites. Your voice will be important in driving the decisions through collaborative processes and transparent communication.
- Creating new WordPress websites and improving the existing ones.
- Plugin integration to expand the functionality.
- Creating your own plugins and themes if needed.
- Codebase support according to best practices.
- Close collaboration with SEO Specialists.
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, including customizing themes.
- Plugin development experience.
- Familiarity with GIT version control.
- Strong understanding of hosting environments and experience troubleshooting website errors.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- General understanding of Docker.
- Vast skills in Gulp/Webpack.
Here is our MacPaw Family Recipe to make the world’s best software
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
What we offer
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedback and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.