09 Jul 2013
- Improved folder names localizations for all paths
- Significantly decreased Universal Binaries scanning time
- Fixed all known issues related to application icons displaying in scan results
- Fixed a crash related to 'Reveal in Finder' functionality
- Several minor fixes and improvements
20 Jun 2013
- User selection memory for Automatic Cleanup scans.
- Improved Login Items handling for OS X 10.8 environment.
- Grouping of multiple binary files of the same app in Uninstaller.
- CleanMyMac can uninstall itself even after trial expiration.
- Cleanup log identifies and describes the types of removal errors.
- Overall keyboard navigation improvements.
- Updated feedback and problem reporting facility.
- Internal Knowledge Base updating facility added.
- Size counters calculation issues fixed.
- Eraser module behavior improved when working with numerous items.
- Fixed post-cleanup media playback issues for all related apps.
- Current Screen Saver cannot be affected within Extensions Manager.
- Fixed RAW images post-cleanup issues in iPhoto.
- Adobe and Microsoft products compatibility issues fixed.
- 'Reveal in Finder' functionality issues fixed.
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements of Extensions Manager.
- Overall interface response improvements.
- All known crashes and exceptions fixed.
22 Apr 2013
- Added support for iPhoto 9.4.3
- Fixed bug with activation via the link
02 Apr 2013
- Added Chinese localization
- Updated Knowledge Base
- Improved Languages cleanup
- Fixed Activation problem that occurred when you cleaned CleanMyMac binary with other utilities
- Improved Uninstaller drag-and-drop support
27 Mar 2013
- Added compatibility for OS X Lion starting from 10.7.0. But it is still recommended to update your OS to the latest one.
- Added SymLinks support on Drag & Drop.
- Improved all localizations texts and strings layouts.
- Added additional Login Items for Appstore Apps to Extensions module.
- Minor usability improvements.
- Improved Feedback Reporter framework.
- Improved Apps terminating dialog.
- Updated Knowledge base, added number of reported apps to ignore lists.
- Fixed displaying of incorrect Launch Dates for some applications and improved Apps sorting.
- Fixed Issue that could cause the reset of Launchpad Apps preferences, when removing dock icon during application uninstallation.
- Fixed iPhoto cleaning bug that could prevent iTunes from syncing. Please run iPhoto cleanup again to resolve this issue.
- Fixed potential freeze on certain graphic cards.
- Fixed incorrect scheduler run times.
- Fixed most of reported crashes and exceptions.
- Fixed issue, where desktop wallpaper could disappear.
- Fixed possible issues with Steam applications.
- Fixed work with SymLinks in Trash Folders module.
- App Trash monitor now displays correct dialog if CleanMyMac is running.
- "File" menu now correctly displays "Launch" and "Reveal in Finder" menu items for Applications.
- Fixed sorting by Date in iPhoto module.
- Improved the removal of some Login items in Extensions module.
- Ignore lists are now saved for Leftovers and Unsupported applications when CleanMyMac restarts.
- Fixed "Open in iPhoto" functionality when iPhoto is already running.
- Fixed bottom bar behaviour after the removal of some extensions.
- Fixed some layout problems on OS X Lion.
- Updated list of iOS firmware names.
- Fixed the behaviour of the estimate progress indicator.
- Fixed some incorrect language flags.
- Fixed bug when cleanup size could be doubled after several cleanups.
- Removed redundant logging.
- Fixed Duplicated login items that could appear in extensions.
05 Mar 2013
- CleanMyMac 2 is a major update sporting a bunch of completely new features and modules, updated scanner and cleanup algorithm and hundreds of improvements!
- Redesigned from scratch - new design with one unified button to perform most operations
- Automatic Cleanup - clean your Mac quickly and easily in two clicks
- Large and Old files - review and remove large files and folders that you haven’t used for a while
- iPhoto Cleanup - reduce the size and optimize your iPhoto library leaving your photos untouched
- Trash Cleanup - empty Trash folders of your Mac’s internal and external volumes
- Uninstaller - completely uninstall applications, locate and remove application leftovers and unsupported applications
- Extensions Manager - review and manage all system plugins and extensions from a single dashboard
- Eraser - Erase files from your system and leave no trace behind
- And more great features like smart drag-n-drop, Clean Scheduler and Trash monitoring.
- Thank You all for a great feedback!
15 Feb 2013
- Updated knowledge base, added support for SkyDrive, BusyCal, Alfred.
- Improved compatibility with future versions.
- Improved Log Scan time.
- Fixed bug with removing Dock icon when uninstalling some Apps.
- Restricted maximum supported OS to 10.8.x.
- Minor bugs fixed
04 Dec 2012
- CleanMyMac can now uninstall Xcode correctly.
- Added support for the latest iPhoto 9.4.2 and iTunes 11 libraries.
- Added recommendations on available Mac OS upgrades depending on computer configuration.
- Empty 'Caches' folders are kept for correct functioning of Sandboxed Apps.
- CleanMyMac can now uninstall itself correctly on all supported Mac OS versions.
- Fixed a number of localization mistakes.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
16 Aug 2012
- Added Brazilian Portuguese localization
- Sandboxed applications are now uninstalled accurately
- Fixed uninstallation of Apps Crash Reports on Mountain Lion
27 Jul 2012
- CleanMyMac is now fully compatible with Mountain Lion.
- Added support for the latest iPhoto 9.3.2.
- Updated Knowledge Base to resolve some issues with PostBox and AppPlayer.
- Fixed issue with duplicates in languages list.
- Fixed issue with Auto Layout localized Apps.
- Fixed Some Crashes.
06 Jul 2012
- Added support for iPhoto 9.3
- Updated Japanese Localization
- Updated Ignore lists
- Fixed an issue that forced VLC player to rebuild its font cache
23 May 2012
- CleanMyMac is compatible with our newest app, CleanMyDrive.
- Updated Knowledge base.
- CleanMyMac is now Gatekeeper-ready (in preparation for OS X Mountain Lion).
- Improved uninstallation algorithm to completely remove MacKeeper and other 'hard to get rid of' applications.
- Some minor Tiger bugs fixed.
- Corrected some typos in German, French and Russian localizations.
23 Mar 2012
- CleanMyMac is now localized to Japanese.
- Improved accessibility for blind people.
- Improved authorization.
- Updated Knowledge base.
- Updated About.
29 Dec 2011
- Minor Uninstall Applications tweaks.
- Added ForkLift support to automatically uninstall removed applications.
- Updated Knowledge base.
- Fixed system-wide activation on Lion.
- Fixed some issues with cleaning iPod Photo Cache.
- Fixed some issues with Canon printers.
18 Nov 2011
- Added support for the latest iPhoto 9.2.1
- Updated CleanMyMac knowledge base.
- Fixed issue with incorrect files quantity counter in iPhoto Library cleanup.
- Fixed issue with Striiv Fitness gadget.
- Fixed issue of CleanMyMac's inability to clean iPhoto Trashes in some cases.
- Fixed all known crashes.
27 Oct 2011
- Added an ability to import new CleanMyMac Themes. Check out our blog for new ones: http://blog.macpaw.com
- Improved Mac App Store Growl Support(1.3 and later).
- 'Uninstall' and 'Manage Extensions' features are now available in Demo version too.
- You can now click on 'Scan Results' to see Total Scan or Last Scan results.
20 Sep 2011
- Facebook results sharing added and improved twitter sharing behavior.
- Added search inside scan results to quickly find and remove only needed items.
- Simplified and redesigned Welcome window.
- New Help window and improved MacPaw Support Center.
- Reorganized Preferences window.
- Added Polish localization.
- Added iPhoto 9 Trashes Support.
- Improved Knowledge base, CleanMyMac will now show more accurate results in Application Uninstaller and Leftovers.
- Improved behavior and usability of Quick Erase and some other modules.
- Improved German, Italian and French localizations.
- Fixed lots of small bugs and issues.
21 Jul 2011
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
06 Apr 2011
- Improved Application Uninstaller module.
- Improved code-signed applications slimming behavior.
- Updated knowledge base.
- Fixed issue when CleanMyMac could block Disk Utility unmount operation.
- Fixed some crashes and minor bugs.
24 Jan 2011
- Mac App Store compatibility. Added missing uninstaller to correctly uninstall Mac App Store Applications.
- iOS firmwares cleanup added to Trashes & Leftovers.
- Updated Ignore list.
- Fixed binaries cleanup issue when running under Rosetta.
- Fixed missing iPhoto caches cleanup.
- "Sytem Junk" module reliability improved and fixed issues with python applications.
- Some minor Bugs fixed.
17 Sep 2010
- Added CleanMyMac Knowledge Base to eliminate all issues with Adobe, Microsoft and some other software products.
- Upgraded update manager to be able to seamlessly update all ignore lists, knowledge base and software.
- Added Caches Gray List and selection memory to help users make less mistakes and improve application behavior. CleanMyMac will now intellectually select only the caches that need to be removed, but keep the ability to remove some huge ones if necessary.
- New Registration window and an innovative 'One Click' activation system.
- Added Beta updating possibility for wider testing of new releases in the future.
- Improved Drag and Drop functionality. Now you can drop items on some other CleanMyMac modules.
- Added a Languages ignore list.
- Improved searching and displaying in the Caches module.
- Improved Widgets uninstaller.
- Fixed a cleanup issue that could result in breaking TimeMachine backups.
- Extensive localization improvements. German and French were completely retranslated to improve localization quality.
- Fixed issue with plugin checkboxes in the Extensions Manager area when users could unintentionally select all plugins for removal.
- Eliminated the possibility to remove some localization dialects when there is no main language present in the language settings list.
- The same folder cannot be dragged several times into CleanMyMac by mistake.
- Fixed CleanMyMac update alert dialog issues in Preferences.
- Fixed all known exceptions, crashes and minor bugs.
- Fixed Google Chrome cache cleaning issues.
10 Jul 2010
- Seriously improved the 'Trashes & Leftovers' module. Application Leftovers search is now able to find all the resources left after an improper application uninstallation.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Caches Ignore List added.
- 'About' window added. Just open it to find out who creates CleanMyMac :)
- 'Safari Extensions' cleaner added to the Plugins section of the 'Manage Extensions' module.
- 'Add to Ignore List' contextual menu item added to the 'Universal Binaries' and 'System Junk' modules.
- Drag&Drop support added to move items from 'System Junk' to Ignore List .
- Improved user interface: when the scan is finished, the progress bar stays filled. You can see what's going on more clearly.
- Added a 'Skip' option to the 'Quit Application' dialog of the Application Uninstaller.
- Improved Application Uninstaller. It now finds even more related resources.
- Made a more usable Trash Status Monitor feature by tuning it's parameters.
- 'Reveal in Finder' functionality fixed. The option came up disabled sometimes.
- User Interface and Localization drawbacks fixed.
- All known crash events eliminated.
03 Jun 2010
- CleanMyMac Skins introduced with two default appearance themes - "Titanium" and "Marble".
- Customizable Skins are also made available.
- Initial language configuration dialog added.
- A more detailed and clear description of found items added.
- Authorization issues fixed.
- Fixed memory leaks and known bugs.
- Resolved errors in several localizations.
11 May 2010
- Improved System Junk module added.
- Improved Ignore List for more flexibility.
- Removal of dock icons on application uninstall.
- Locked files removal feature added.
- Separated Scanners and Utilities for better usability.
- Improved Volumes Cleaning and Volumes drag-and-drop support added.
- Check for code-signed applications added to prevent future cleanup-related issues.
- iPhoto Trash Quick View added (works on Tiger as well).
- Automatic Trash Status Monitor and cleanup added.
- Improved Leftovers search.
- Useful cleaning features added like iPhoto trash cleaning and broken Preferences detection/removal.
- Completely re-designed graphics and improved usability.
- Adobe Flash CS5 issue fixed.
- All known bugs removed and crash issues resolved.
- Fixed issues with virtual machine images.
- Lots of minor misspellings fixed in all localizations.
10 Mar 2010
- "Spring" graphics updated.
- Leftovers search improved to include broken launch items.
- Improved System Junk module to find more hidden files.
- System libraries and extensions filter added for application uninstaller.
- Updated Ignore List.
- Display of incorrect file sizes fixed.
- Helper tools will not be installed when running from .dmg image.
25 Feb 2010
- Informational warnings and alerts added to improve usability.
- Feature Request item added. Users can post their feature requests on our website and we will implement the 'Most Wanted' features.
- Startup Items editor added into the plug-ins extension.
- The old 'Development Junk' module has now become a part of 'System Junk'.
- 'System Junk' module added. CleanMyMac will scan for files like .DS_Store, .Spotlight-V100, Thumbs.db, and $RECYCLE.BIN.
- Volumes cleanup feature added. CleanMyMac is now able to automatically clean temporary service files created by Mac OS or Windows on removable devices.
- Translation errors in various localizations corrected.
- Updated the internal Ignore List.
- Ignore List now allows the addition of applications even if they are already in the internal list.
- Miscellaneous bugs fixed and enhancements and optimizations added.
15 Jan 2010
- Added new caches folders. Now CleanMyMac will search for Leopard and Snow Leopard specific caches.
- CleanMyMac will remember what items you have unchecked on the next launch.
- New checks added to warn users if they are trying to remove some of their native languages.
- Updated Sparkle preferences.
- Updated launch daemon.
- Optimized some code for faster scanning of Applications.
- Fixed issue when CleanMyMac launched to clean apps after updating this applications with AppFresh or MacUpdate.
- Fixed some localization errors.
- Minor bugs fixed.
24 Dec 2009
- Package Deinstaller Added. Now you can just drag&drop installer packages into CleanMyMac to completely remove all the files that were installed by a package.
- CleanMyMac will now show a more detailed and localized languages list.
- Reorganized Preferences to make them more readable and easier to use.
- Added a 'tweet results' button on the Welcome screen.
- Self-remove feature added.
- Fixed Chinese languages cleaning issue and issues with empty and deprecated language code cleaning.
- Fixed errors and crashes caused by the SIMBL plugin.
- Fixed some Tiger issues like huge language flags and other minor errors.
- Fixed progress bars drawing issues.
- Lots of bug-fixes and interface improvements.
04 Dec 2009
- Russian Localization added.
- Added the scanning for Scripting Additions functionality to the "Plugins" section.
- Fixed the Application uninstallation freeze-up issue.
15 Nov 2009
- Improved performance by reorganizing some code.
- Added alert sheet when stop scan clicked.
- Fixed most of the reported bugs and errors.
- Enhanced general application stability.
- Fixed several bugs in different localizations.
- Fixed bug with truncated texts.
- Fixed some issues with Parallels and VMWare.
12 Nov 2009
- CleanMyMac will now automatically scan for application leftovers when an application is moved to Trash.
- Added Ignore List auto-update, now users will have the latest Ignore List of applications that should not be scanned.
- Added iPhone/iPod photo sync cache cleanup. It is recommended to cleanup these caches as iTunes piles them up on every synchronization.
- Added new uninstallers for Growl, Launch Agents, Daemons and Startup Items.
- Minor interface improvements. Added more information about the found items.
- Fixed problem with file sizes, and now they are exactly as in Finder.
- Authorization module has been rewritten to fix the bug on Snow Leopard. However, it is recommended to upgrade your system to 10.6.2.
- Improved Application search. Ability to find and scan much more applications.
- Fixed crash issue on Tiger.
- Fixed misspellings in some localizations.
- Fixed known bugs and crash events.