The App Store version of CleanMyMac X slightly differs from the versions you’ll find on other marketplaces. This means some features described below may be not available from the App Store due to its guidelines. Read more about different versions of CleanMyMac X.
Most of the Mac users usually drag an app to the Trash to get rid of it. This method is simple, but leaves numerous remnants across your computer.
The Uninstaller module finds applications with all their components (including those that aren’t in the Applications folder) and shows them grouped by developer and download source.
Also, it separates
- Rarely used apps: those you haven’t opened for the last 6 months,
- Legacy apps: 32-bit apps that won’t be supported in macOS versions higher than Mojave, and
- Leftovers (not available from the App Store): supporting files left on your Mac after manual uninstallation of apps.
NOTE: The App Store version of CleanMyMac X is restricted from removing binaries of the App Store applications. However, you can delete other files related to an App Store app and then proceed to manual removal of the corresponding binary.
To uninstall an application completely, select a checkbox next to it and click Uninstall at the bottom of the window. You can remove any number of applications at a time.
Alternatively, just drag one or several apps to either the CleanMyMac Dock icon or open CleanMyMac window.
Uninstaller doesn’t support removal of obligatory system applications due to macOS restrictions. For that reason, CleanMyMac adds them to its Ignore List and makes them invisible in Uninstaller.
You can’t remove these apps, but reset to the default state is possible. To do it, make system apps visible, first:
- Go to CleanMyMac 3 → Preferences → Ignore List → Uninstaller.
- Deselect the Ignore system applications checkbox.
Then, read the instructions below.
Resetting an application to the initial state may help you resolve some of its issues or to make it run faster.
To erase all user-related info and clear app preferences, do these:
- Select a checkbox next to an app you'd like to reset.
- Choose Reset from the option list that appears next to the checkbox.
- Click Reset at the bottom of the window.
This option smart-selects items that must be removed to reset the application. After the operation is completed, the application starts working with a clean state when you launch it next time.