- Fully supported macOS: version 10.13 (High Sierra) and later
- Partially supported macOS: version 10.12 (Sierra) through version 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Unsupported macOS: version 10.9 (Mavericks) and earlier
- Gemini 2 works on macOS Sonoma
- Why does Gemini 2 no longer support older macOS?
Fully supported macOS: version 10.13 (High Sierra) and later
Enjoy all of Gemini 2 features, including the latest updates, on these versions of macOS:
- Sonoma (14)
- Ventura (13)
- Monterey (12)
- Big Sur (11)
- Catalina (10.15)
- Mojave (10.14)
- High Sierra (10.13)
Partially supported macOS: version 10.12 (Sierra) through version 10.10 (Yosemite)
Download and install Gemini 2 v. 2.9.8 if you want to use the app on the following macOS versions:
- Sierra (10.12)
- El Capitan (10.11)
- Yosemite (10.10)
This earlier edition of Gemini 2 includes all of the app's features available at the time of its release but gets no updates. Still, you can be sure it is secure and works smoothly on the macOS listed above.
Also, nothing changes for you in terms of Customer Support and your subscriptions or licenses:
- Your current plans stay valid.
- You can buy new subscriptions and renew your plans.
- Our Support Team will gladly help you with any requests regarding the earlier edition of Gemini 2.
Unsupported macOS: version 10.9 (Mavericks) and earlier
You won't be able to use Gemini 2 on the following macOS versions:
- Mavericks (10.9)
- Mountain Lion (10.8)
- OS X Lion (10.7)
- Snow Leopard (10.6)
- Leopard (10.5)
- Tiger (10.4)
- Panther (10.3)
- Jaguar (10.2)
- Puma (10.1)
- Cheetah (10.0)
Gemini 2 works on macOS Sonoma
Gemini 2 is fully compatible with macOS Sonoma. If you run into any issues with Gemini 2 on Sonoma, install the latest version of the app:
- Open Gemini 2, then choose Gemini 2 > Check for Updates in the menu bar.
- After the update completes, open Gemini 2 again and check that all works fine.
If you still see any issues, feel free to contact our Customer Support for help.
Why does Gemini 2 no longer support older macOS?
First, limiting support for these older macOS gives us more room to prioritize the development of new features for Gemini 2.
Another reason is that Apple provides no security or any other kind of updates for older macOS. So, the technologies used in the latest versions of Gemini 2 may not be compatible with such macOS. Plus, we cannot guarantee a stable and secure performance of the app on these systems.