Detailed guide on how to browse privately
Pandemic restrictions influenced our lives in the way that we spend countless hours online when browsing, searching, streaming, and downloading content. The question is how private are our actions online? Unfortunately, not as much as we would like it to be. That’s why a VPN as a user's privacy tool is in bigger demand today than ever. Try ClearVPN to discover how to browse the web privately and be safe.
Why does online privacy matter?
It’s so natural for people to strive for privacy and have no ‘eyes’ watching their every move online. Users benefit a lot from staying private and giving no advantages to ISP, ads, and political companies interested in having your sensitive data and knowing your behavior patterns. We are lucky to have VPN, a reliable and effective tool that doesn’t let others know what exactly you are doing online and thus, lets us browse privately.
Risks of IP address being unprotected online
IP address lets other parties easily identify you as an internet user with certain behavior patterns and unique digital identities. Why would they collect data about IP address owners?
- Users data
- Law enforcement authorities collect data about illegal actions
- Fraudulent purposes (to steal money from a user’s bank card or electronic/virtual account)
- To know the real name of the IP address owner, e-mail, phone, address, and other relevant info about the computer and its user.
These are some of the reasons why we need privacy.
Advantages of a reliable VPN
ClearVPN provides a high level of security and online anonymity when browsing the internet. It’s a highly reliable VPN as it uses 2048 bits of encryption to secure the network. It uses OpenVPN protocol and an alternative L2TP/IPSec one. To protect users’ privacy to the fullest, it keeps no logs. Public Wi-Fi hotspot protection is always ensured.
This is how you can browse the internet privately with ClearVPN:
- Install ClearVPN on your device (we use macOS as an example in the picture below)
- Open the app and activate Secure Browsing.
- That’s it! Your online journey is protected and private.
Get the most out of a VPN
- using its multi-device allowance and install it on your devices.
- enable Kill Switch to prevent from being exposed to ISP in case of a weak connection.
- choose a shared or dedicated IP address.
- avoid browser extensions alone.
Benefits of using ClearVPN
- Easy-to-use app with an intuitive user-friendly interface.
- Shortcuts that focus on your needs rather than on a server choice.
- Quick installation and 24/7 customer support.
- Secure military-grade encryption.
- Access to any streaming service.
- Up to 6 devices per account.
- Full online privacy and no-log policy.
ClearVPN's unique features make the process of monitoring and gathering users’ data and activity online much more difficult.
How secure is a VPN?
As we know, surfing the net is a risk that only a good VPN can cope with. One of the main points is in its security of the connection, information encryption, and hiding users’ data from ISP and other interested parties.
How do I know if a VPN is truly secure and safe?
- Paid vs free VPN
A paid VPN offers a wide range of options for users’ protection. A free VPN instead, isn’t safe as it can make money from gathering and selling your sensitive data to interested third parties.
- Extra security steps
Multifactor authentication will ask to prove the identity in two or more ways, this way, it protects your digital identity so that only the right person gets access to it.
- IP address hidden
No IP address leaks (to hide or to change IP address and prevent tracking).
- Kill switch
Kill switch is vital as it prevents data leaking. In case of an unstable connection, it automatically quits the process.
- Strict no-logs policy
No-logs policy means you stay private, anonymous, and protected from any outside threat.
- Users’ data remains confidential
Make sure that your VPN service provider doesn’t disclose users’ data.
To wrap up
VPN is a great choice to protect users’ online privacy and offers a number of security and anonymity advantages. It’s good to have one’s IP address masked and be able to choose the virtual geolocation by oneself.
ClearVPN provides you with the desired level of internet privacy and security. It is the only VPN you will ever need for everyday use, for travel, to browse privately, and to have your data safe with high-grade encryption.