How to uninstall Wondershare on your Mac
Wondershare Video Converter allows you to convert video files from a range of different formats into those that are optimized for your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. It can also install a browser extension that allows you to download files from video streaming sites like YouTube. And you can even use it to edit video, albeit in a very basic manner.
However, it’s possible that, having downloaded and used Wondershare for a while, you’ve decided that you no longer want it on your Mac. Or perhaps you’ve noticed that it’s causing problems on your Mac, like making it run slowly. The solution is to uninstall it. However, just dragging the Wondershare application from your Applications folder to the Trash won’t uninstall it completely, there will still be lots of files left lying around on your startup drive. Here’s how to uninstall it properly.
How to remove Wondershare from your Mac
First, go to your Applications folder and locate the Wondershare Video Converter app, then drag it to the Trash.
Next, you’ll need to go to various folders and remove the files its installed there.
- In the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose “Go to Folder”
- Тype the following into the text box: ~Library/Application Support/
- Find these files in the folder and drag them to the Trash:
Wondershare video converter ultimate
4. Now, repeat step 2, but go to this folder: ~Library/Caches/
5. Remove these two files and drag them to the Trash
6. Repeat step 2 again, but this time go to this folder: ~Library/Preferences/
7. Find these files and move them to the Trash
You might be wondering, after reading that, whether there’s an easier way to remove all those files. Well, you’ll be glad to know, there is! CleanMyMac X can remove all those files in one click, if you use its Uninstaller tool. It works like this.
- Download and install CleanMyMac X (free trial available).
- Launch it from your Applications folder.
- Choose the Uninstaller tool in the sidebar.
- Locate Wondershare in the list of apps and check the box next to it.
- Press Uninstall.
There is one more step to removing Wondershare from your Mac. As we said earlier, when you install it, it also installs a browser extension to allow you to download videos from streaming sites. Here’s how to remove it.
- Launch Safari, click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Click on the Extensions tab.
- Locate the Wondershare extension and click on it.
- Press Uninstall.
If you have installed the extension in Chrome or Firefox, you can get rid of it like this.
- Launch Chrome and type this into the address bar: chrome://extensions
- Look for the Wondershare extensions.
- When you find it, click Remove next to it.
- Launch Firefox and click the three lines button at the right of the address bar.
- Choose Add-ons, then Extensions on the left hand side.
- Find the Wondershare extension and click Remove next to it.
Wondershare can be a very useful tool for converting video to a format that works well on your Mac, iPhone or other device. And it can also download video from streaming sites. However, there are lots of other tools that can do the same and you may decide that you no longer want Wondershare on your Mac. Fortunately, it’s straightforward to uninstall. However, if you choose to do it manually, you’ll have to make sure you remove every file. An easier method is to use CleanMyMac X to completely uninstall the app and its Safari extension.