How to delete Wondershare converter from your Mac
Wondershare Video Converter allows you to convert video files from a range of different formats into optimized ones for your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. It can also install a browser extension that allows you to download files from video streaming sites like YouTube. And you can even use it as a video editing tool, but only if you need just basic functionality.
If after using Wondershare for a while you came to the point that you no longer want it on your Mac: it's time to get rid of it. But don't think it's as easy as dragging the Wondershare from your Applications folder to the Trash. This is not exactly the solution that will remove it completely from the Mac device. You'll end up having lots of junk files lying around on your startup drive. So let me show you the way to uninstall Wondershare for good.
How to remove Wondershare from your Mac
First, go to your Applications folder and locate the Wondershare Video Converter app, then drag it to the Trash.
Next, you’ll need to go to various folders and remove the files that were installed along with the app:
- In Finder, click on the Go menu and choose “Go to Folder”
- Тype the following into the text box:
- Find these files in the folder and drag them to the Trash:
Wondershare video converter ultimate
4. Now, repeat step 2, but go to this folder:
5. Remove these two files by dragging them to the Trash:
6. Repeat step 2 again, but this time go to this folder:
7. Find these files and move them to the Trash:
Wondering if there’s an easier way to remove all those files? Good news, there is! I use the Uninstaller tool in CleanMyMac X app to remove all those files in one click. It works like this:
- Download CleanMyMac X (free trial available).
- Launch and click Uninstaller in the sidebar.
- Locate Wondershare in the list of apps and check the box next to it.
- Press Uninstall.
There is one more step to removing Wondershare from your Mac: removing extensions. As we said earlier, when you install it, it also installs a browser extension to allow you to download videos from streaming sites. To remove those, follow the instructions below.
- Launch Safari, click on the Safari menu, and choose Preferences.
- Click on the Extensions tab.
- Locate the Wondershare extension and click on it.
- Press Uninstall.
- Launch Chrome and type this into the address bar: chrome://extensions
- Look for the Wondershare extensions.
- When you find it, click Remove next to it.
- Launch Firefox and click the three lines button at the right of the address bar.
- Choose Add-ons, then Extensions on the left-hand side.
- Find the Wondershare extension and click Remove next to it.
Wondershare can be a very useful tool for converting video to formats that work well on your Mac, iPhone, and other devices. What's more, it allows you to download videos from streaming sites. However, today there are lots of other tools that can do just the same. So if you decided that Wandershare is no longer needed, go ahead and uninstall it using the instructions outlined in this article. And don't forget to check out a much easier method: CleanMyMac X.