Here is what you should do to install CleanMyMac Classic:
- Download CleanMyMac Classic on the page with stable builds of older MacPaw apps.
- Mount the downloaded CleanMyMac.dmg.
- Drag the CleanMyMac Classic icon to the Applications folder as asked in the window that appears.
After this, CleanMyMac Classic will be installed automatically and you can launch it via the Applications folder or by searching CleanMyMac Classic in Spotlight.
However, to be able to clean a Mac properly, you should activate your copy of CleanMyMac Classic. To do this:
- Open CleanMyMac and click Activate in the upper-right corner.
- Click Enter Activation Number, then enter the license code you have received via email after purchasing CleanMyMac Classic.
If you can’t find your activation number, use our online License Manager.
That’s it! Now you can clean up your Mac with your newly-activated copy of CleanMyMac Classic.
Please note that MacPaw is not selling CleanMyMac Classic starting April 2023. If you haven’t purchased CleanMyMac Classic before, the activation is not available. We're sorry about that 😔 May we suggest trying the new CleanMyMac X instead?