How to add music to an Instagram video
Got a perfect Instagram video that needs an equally perfect soundtrack? Adding music to Instagram videos is a great way to add pizzazz to your posts, whether you're looking for the perfect background tune or an upbeat soundtrack. Here is our complete guide on how to add music to your Instagram videos.
Adding music to Instagram video posts
You’ve got an awesome Instagram video post that just needs some tunes to make it even better. What do you do? Unfortunately, there is no way to add music to your video post within the Instagram app, so you will have to do it on your iPhone before uploading your video post to Instagram.
How to add music to an Instagram post with a third-party app
If you want to make adding music as easy as posting to Instagram, check out Lomotif, which allows you to quickly add music to your Instagram videos. Lomotif is also an all-in-one editor capable of creating Instagram-ready videos by cropping, adding filters, and creating beautiful transitions. It is one of the most comprehensive free music-to-video apps available, enabling you to choose from millions of songs for your video project.
Here’s how to add music to an Instagram post using Lomotif.
- Download the Lomotif app and open it on your iPhone.
- Tap the + button at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose Library to select video clips and/or photos from your Camera Roll, Facebook, or Instagram. You can also tap clips to find GIFs, animations, and other short video clips to use in your movie.
- Scroll through your photos and videos and select the clips that you want to use by tapping in the lower-left corner of each clip.
- When you have finished choosing clips for your video, tap the check mark.
- To add music to your video, tap Find Music or My Music. Find Music will allow you to search for songs by title or album on the Lomotif app or browse by genre. Tapping My Music will access your music library.
- Tap on a song to listen to it. When you're happy with your choice, tap the check mark in the upper right.
- Your video — with music — will start playing. From this screen, you can add more clips, change the aspect ratio, and adjust which part of the song plays during your video. Tap on individual clips to edit them or delete them.
- When you're satisfied with your video and the music you’ve chosen to accompany it, tap the down arrow in the upper right to save your video to your Camera Roll or share it directly on Instagram or another social media platform.
How do I add music to an Instagram post without it getting banned?
In some cases, Instagram will remove your video if it contains copyrighted music, or it may not let you upload a video with music that is copyrighted. You can prevent this in most cases simply by giving credit to the original songwriter or musician in your post.
You can also find copyright-free music on sites like Epidemic Sound. If you have permission to use an audio track, you can appeal Instagram’s decision and ask that your video be reinstated.
How to put music on Instagram video Stories
If you're sharing a video to Instagram Stories, there are built-in features to make adding music easy. You can add copyrighted music to Stories in most cases because Instagram automatically gives credit to the creator.
The easiest way to add music to your Stories is to use the music sticker feature. Simply select your video, add the music sticker, and choose the perfect music for your clip. The sticker will mention the artist, so you're in the clear as far as copyright goes.
How to post a song to Instagram using a streaming service
If you're using a streaming service like Spotify, Apple Music, or Pandora Music, you can post your favorite songs to your Instagram Stories. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Spotify, Apple Music, or Pandora Music and start playing the song you want to add to your Instagram Story.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap Share.
- Choose Instagram Stories from the list. The track and album cover will be added to your Instagram Story.
- Choose Your Story to share it with your followers.
The steps might vary slightly depending on which streaming service you’re using, but all three work in a similar way, allowing you to share music to Instagram Stories, but not posts.
Adding music to your Instagram video posts and Stories is an awesome way to connect with your followers on a deeper level. Whether you're uploading funny video clips to your Stories or creating a cinematic Instagram post, the right music makes all the difference.