How to find hashtags that are trending on Instagram
Having trouble gaining traction and growing your Instagram account? Using relevant and trending hashtags is a great way to find new audiences and engagement on Instagram. Of course, trending Instagram hashtags are constantly changing, so you have to do a little sleuthing to stay on top of them. Fortunately, there are some useful tools available for keeping track of trending hashtags on Instagram so you can grow your followers without spending hours and hours on your phone.
How to find today’s trending hashtags
Did you know that there are more than 95 million daily posts to Instagram? With so many active users, it can be incredibly difficult to find your tribe. Hashtags make your content easier to discover, allowing you to connect with your target audience. Here are a few tricks for finding and using trending Instagram hashtags.
Monitor trends using Instagram
The most effective way to find trending Instagram hashtags is to use Instagram’s native app. Start by thinking about your niche and what you post about. Make a list of phrases and words that describe your photos. Here’s how to find trending and related keywords based on these terms.
- Open Instagram and tap on the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Type a phrase related to your niche in the search bar and tap Tags.
- Tap on one of the hashtags from the list. Do the populated photos match what you regularly post about? This is a good sign that the hashtag you are searching for is a good fit for your audience.
- Above the photos on this page, you will also see related hashtags. Scroll through these and write them down. You can add each of these terms to the search bar to see how many posts used the hashtag and whether they fit your niche.
- You can use up to 30 hashtags per post. The trending hashtags you use should be specific. Avoid wasting your hashtag quota on generic hashtags like #love or #happy, even if they are trending.
Another way to use Instagram to find trending hashtags is to look for successful Influencers in your niche and take note of the hashtags they are using. Unfortunately, finding trending hashtags on Instagram is not a set-it-and-forget-it task, as they are always changing. By spending some time each week discovering new hashtags, you will be taking an important step toward growing your Instagram account.
Find trending hashtags using RiteTag
RiteTag is a comprehensive hashtag search tool for Instagram that will suggest trending and popular hashtags based on posts you create. It uses your photo and your caption to compile a list of hashtags specific to your content. Here’s how to use RiteTag to find hashtags.
- Install and open RiteTag and connect your Instagram account.
- Tap on the “hamburger” menu icon (three horizontal lines) and tap Hashtags for Instagram.
- Tap on the photo and caption that you want to add hashtags to.
- Scroll through the list of recommended hashtags. When you find one that you want to add to your photo, simply tap on it.
- Tap “Add to photo on Instagram.” Your hashtags will automatically be added to your photo as a comment.
Use Tagstagram to find popular hashtags
Tagstagram is a very simple tool that allows you to find and copy trending hashtags based on a category or search term. Unlike RiteTag, trending hashtags are not specific to your content, but more generic based on what others are posting.
There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles with Tagstagram, but it’s a great way to quickly find hashtags that are trending without doing a lot of research. In a hurry to get your post up? Tagstagram is the app for you. Here’s how to use it to quickly find and post trending hashtags.
- Download and open Tagstagram on your phone.
- Scroll through the categories or search for a topic in the search bar.
- When you find a matching category, tap Copy Tags.
- Once your hashtags have been copied, tap Open Instagram to add them to your relevant post.
While the apps mentioned in this article are useful for finding and using relevant and trending hashtags on Instagram, the very best way to find hashtags is to roll up your sleeves and search Instagram yourself. Not only will you find the most trendy Instagram hashtags, but you will find ones that are uniquely tailored to your niche.