Go on with this article only if you got your CleanMyMac X from the MacPaw Store.
In most cases, you don't have to do anything to renew your CleanMyMac X subscription. The renewal takes place automatically when a subscription period ends. You need to step in only when there's an issue with your payment details or if you've canceled your CleanMyMac X subscription manually. To renew your subscription, find your case below and follow the instructions.
Your payment details have let you down
If CleanMyMac X says there's an issue with your payment, first of all, don't worry! When the payment doesn't go through, a 7-day grace period starts, during which your subscription remains active. Use this time to check and update your credit card or PayPal details.
Depending on how you activated your CleanMyMac X, you can review payment details in one of the following places:
- If you've unlocked CleanMyMac X with an activation number, like "id012345678910odr", use the Subscription Manager.
- If you have a personal MacPaw account and used it to activate CleanMyMac X, use your MacPaw Account.
Now, when you know where to go, do the following:
- Open either the Subscription Manager or your MacPaw Account.
- Click Manage (Update) Payment Details.
- Review and update all your payment information (check the credit card number, expiration date, CVV, and so on).
Also, you can try another payment method or another credit card.
You canceled your CleanMyMac X subscription
If you've ended your subscription to CleanMyMac X but then changed your mind — welcome to the MacPaw Store. You simply select an appropriate subscription option and buy it.
Please note that if you cancel your subscription, CleanMyMac continues providing all of its features during the current paid period. So, when the subscription expires, you purchase a new one.
If these cases don't match your situation, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team — we're always ready to help.