Right now, we are working on a new innovative product. It’s an opportunity to join an exciting adventure at the very beginning. You will work with untrivial tasks, do a lot of research, and influence the strategy of the new product.
You will join an existing cross-functional team. We each have our area of expertise, but our contribution to the product's growth reaches far beyond our typical specialties. With one more mature Software Engineer, you will influence everything related to application development for macOS.
You are the right fit for this role if you are responsible and independent, have a passion for creating new solutions, and have a wide range of knowledge in development (not only in your area but also in best engineering practices as well). We also hope you’ll be a good communicator who likes constructive discussions, and you’re able to support your opinion with arguments and facts.
If you love what you saw above, thrilled by complicated tasks, and ready to bring to life your engineering ideas, make sure to send us your resume!
- Develop architectural solutions for the product
- Contribute to the product with ideas, features, and improvements
- Take a responsibility for implementing technical solutions and their adaptation to product changes in the future, solve related technical conflicts with the engineering team
- Participate in the integration of new approaches or development processes
- React on issues and failures by investigating and fixing them according to product task priorities
- Suggest technical solutions for increasing product stability and performance
- Investigate and analyze fatal issues, critical failures that happened on the product, share this information with other engineers to avoid the same or related issues in future
- Communicate with the team and PM to clarify implementation details, edge cases, specify input or missing data and possible use cases/flows
- Communicate with other streams and/or teams to successfully implement a task and make constructive collaborations if needed
- Share all knowledge about the product (structure, documentation, architectural details, etc) with the engineering team
- Help Area/Guild Lead to grow engineering culture in the company by being an active early adopter of changes in area processes
- Evaluate tech solutions of other software engineers in terms of security, reliability, optimality, etc
- 4+ years of macOS/iOS development experience
- Strong swift and objective-c knowledge
- AppKit experience
- Experience with FMDatabase(SQL)/CoreData/Realm
- Multithreading knowledge
- Understanding of XPC
- Intermediate English level
As a Plus
- Knowledge of macOS fundamentals
- C/C++ experience
Here is our MacPaw Family Recipe to make the world’s best software:
We take great people, place them in an awesome environment and give access to the latest technologies. Spray with fun and mix with passion until they see the products they are proud of.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Yearly allowance for training and education, annual development reviews, personal coaches, free English classes, tech talks. Cross-team interactions within various projects, such as internal hackathons or creating educational podcasts.
- Outstanding team. We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian is able to improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage honest and quality feedbacks and conduct regular training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- Comfortable working conditions. Flexible working hours & unlimited work from home policy during the pandemic period, 20 vacation days, paid sick leaves, and sabbaticals (after 5 years of being with MacPaw).
- Сare about your health. Covid-19 insurance, general medical insurance (and a 50% discount for an insurance policy for your family members), office gym, a partial refund of psychotherapy.
- UX-driven office with two anti-stress cats. During the pandemic period, we encourage everyone to work from home. But we also understand that mental and physical health are very closely connected, and getting out of home from time to time is essential. That’s why the office is always open for you, following all safety measures.
- Relocation support. To make your relocation to Kyiv smooth and effortless.
- MacPawCares. If you’d like, you are welcome to participate in our charity projects (there are 10 of them!) within the MacPawCares program.