MacPaw is a software company with headquarters in Kyiv, Ukraine, that develops and distributes software for macOS and iOS. At MacPaw, we believe that humans and technology can reach their greatest potential together. Today, our products have more than 30 million users worldwide.
MacPaw is proud to be Ukrainian. The support and development of Ukraine are significant parts of the company’s culture. MacPaw gathers open-minded people who support each other and aspire to change the world around us.
Setapp is MacPaw’s subscription-based app service for macOS and iOS. It provides access to 240+ Mac and iOS apps for daily tasks that cover such categories as productivity, lifestyle, web development, Mac maintenance, creativity, writing, education, and personal finance.
Setapp’s mission is to give Apple users easy access to stellar apps so they can focus on doing the job, not looking for the tools. Therefore, we launched an AI assistant, an upgraded search functionality in the platform, and a curated collection of apps designed to enhance user workflows.
And now, we are seeking a Product Designer who's passionate about innovation. By joining our team, you will contribute to transforming software usage for millions of users worldwide.
Please apply by sending us your CV and portfolio.
P.S. Good news! We don’t have a test assignment for this position. We have an interview with practical tasks instead.
In this role, you will:
- Design an amazing and thoughtful MacOS and web experience that addresses the user’s value along with the business needs
- Work on new ideas, concepts, optimization, interfaces
- Conduct user research and tests to identify user needs, pain points, and behavior patterns to inform the design process and validate design decisions
- Develop and maintain design systems, style guides, and UI components to ensure consistency and scalability across the product
- Generate ideas along with teammates, Design Lead, Engineering Manager, and PM to help the product become even better
- Participate in the product and/or company’s design community initiatives through developing better communication, mutual choice of tools, experience, knowledge and feedback exchange, launch and coordination of additional projects in the area
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends to ensure our designs are modern and relevant
Skills you’ll need to bring:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design and problem-solving abilities
- Well-developed UX & UI skills
- Experience with using user research methods (interviews, surveys, and usability testing), tests ideas and hypotheses
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate design decisions and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Solid experience working with Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience with partnering with product managers and engineers
- Strong analytical mindset, with the ability to leverage data to inform design decisions and iterate on solutions
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines for Mac, understanding the aesthetics of Apple products
- At least an Upper-intermediate level of English
As a Plus:
- Understanding the basics of product development from the business perspective
- Experience with complex/SaaS products
- Experience with creating designs for AI products
- Experience working in fast-changing environments
- Experience with UI and video animation tools
- 3D Design skills
What we offer:
- We are a Ukrainian company, and we stand with Ukraine against russian aggression
We maintain workplaces and salaries for the mobilized Macpawians and provide financial support to colleagues or their families affected by the war.
Here you also can read about MacPaw Foundation, which intends to help save the lives of Ukrainian defenders and provide relief to as many civilians as possible.
- Hybrid work model
It’s entirely up to you whether to work remotely or at the hub. If you decide to mix it, our Kyiv headquarters (HQ), which works as a coworking space, is open around the clock. The HQ is supplied with UPS and Starlink for an uninterrupted work process.
We also reimburse the costs of renting a coworking space in any other city.
If you decide to work at home, we cover the costs spent on your workspace organization: portable power stations, power banks, etc.
- Your health always comes first
We cover 100% of your medical insurance costs and 50% for your dependents. We also offer a 50% refund for psychotherapy.
- Flexible working hours
You can choose a schedule that is comfortable for you. No one here tracks your clock in/clock out because MacPaw is built on trust and cooperation.
- Space to grow both professionally and personally
Whatever your dreams and aspirations are, we got you. Education budget, annual development reviews, free English classes, and regular lectures. We also offer personal coaching with organizational coaches.
- Teams we are proud of
We build honest, transparent, and reliable relationships within teams. Every Macpawian can improve processes and implement their ideas. We encourage open and constructive feedback and provide training for Macpawians on giving and receiving feedback.
- HQ designed for people (and pets)
Our headquarters has it all. A spacious workplace with enough room for sitting up, lying down, and running around. A gym for recreation, fitness, and yoga. Cozy kitchens with coffee, snacks, and lunches. Sleeping/meditation rooms. A terrace with a view where we throw summer parties. Also, we have two cats living in the office, and you are welcome to bring your pets to the office (we have separate floors for cats and dogs).
- Time-off policy that covers life’s needs
20 vacation days, unlimited paid sick leaves, xDays (2 days a month to work on side projects), days for personal time-off designed to help you take care of essential matters in your personal life, and parental leaves. On top of all that, sabbaticals are open after 5 years of being with MacPaw.
- Join social initiatives with MacPawCares
MacPaw participates in numerous humanitarian aid and charity projects across many fields, and you are welcome to jump in and spend up to 24 working days per year making the world a better place.